i7 4790
Graphics
Quadro K600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

first of all thanks for everything on this site - i was able to install and configure my system without asking a single question :thumbup:

Now i have my first problem that i can't solve on my own.

My System:

Dell Precision T1700
i7 4790
32GB DDR3 Ram
512GB SSD
NVidia Quadro K600

I installed mojave with clover and everything worked just fine. Did not use any special kexts, worked perfectly with injected nvidia and the regular network drivers.

This very morning i was firing it up and it does not get past the apple-logo-bootscreen. Loads a little bit but then stops and the monitor goes into energy saving. Only thing i can do is power off the machine by holding the power button.

I tried booting in -x -GraphicsEnabler=No but still same. Tried verbose, but it's over so soon i can't get hold of a good picture. Maybe i can make a video if that helps.

Since this is my first hackintosh, i don't know about all the recovery methods.. but i tried booting with a live linux from usb and that worked fine.

I would be happy for any thoughts or ideas on this.

It does boot from USB installer with USB 3.0 disabled. If I re-install Clover via Multibeast with my old config file, it still doesn't boot. I attached my config-file.

Any thoughts on this?

I also found this: https://github.com/hfutxqd/T1700-Hackintosh but I have absolutely no idea how to insert this into my system.

Attachments

• multibeast.mb
    3.2 KB · Views: 41
Although mine is having other issues now, I had the same exact problem. I resolved it by going into the bios and turning off a bunch of stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark the page that showed what to do, and can't find again. Perhaps someone else can chime in and tell us.

I tried booting in -x -GraphicsEnabler=No but still same. Tried verbose, but it's over so soon i can't get hold of a good picture. Maybe i can make a video if that helps.
Yes, please make a video and grab a screenshot (from the video) of the last screen before it reboots or goes blank.

Remove "-x -GraphicsEnabler=No"

Add "-v nv_disable=1", that's should pass any Nvidia related issues.

-x -GraphicsEnabler=No but still same. Tried verbose, but it's over so soon i can't get hold of a good picture. Maybe i can make a video if that helps.

with the "-v" added to your boot args it will allow you to see exactly where it got stuck. I have a strong feeling it is a ScreenLock issue (Normally that means GPU issues).

Try taking a video and slow it down then take a screenshot :).
Once you have some verbose images of the errors for us. Please post them here for further assistance.

Curious/\/\ac

Hi and thanks for your help.

It does boot with the nv_disable=1.
Without the nv_disable=1 in verbose the screen goes black right after the lines in the attached picture. I hope it's somewhat readable.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-08 um 18.05.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-08 um 18.05.38.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 63
Your CPU has built-in Intel HD4600 graphics. I am not familiar with that GPU or with your motherboard so the following are general guidelines for you to try:
  • The screenshot you posted looks fine. That's the output we expect to see just before the final Apple Boot Logo screen turns on.
  • Have you plugged your monitor into the Quadro K600 or onto a video port on the motherboard? It should be connected to a video port on the motherboard because the Quadro is being disabled by the "nv_disable=1" flag.
  • In your BIOS, make sure the internal GPU (or iGPU) is "enabled".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back