Contribute
Register

Help Surface Pro 5(Surface Pro 2017)-Battery does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I also installed majove on an usb stick running on surface pro 2017. And the battery status doesn't function well, too. It always shows 100% and "using battery".
I have patched DSDT.dsl with OS Check fix and mutex fix, placed kexts in /L/E but battery status still shows wrong.
Can you give me some advice on this?

Attachments

• debug_1054.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
You need to install FakeSMC.kext and any other "essential kexts" you may have to /L/E.
And all of those kexts should be in /L/E, not /S/L/E.
And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect".
I have checked thses suggestions

Hi, I also installed majove on an usb stick running on surface pro 2017. And the battery status doesn't function well, too. It always shows 100% and "using battery".
I have patched DSDT.dsl with OS Check fix and mutex fix, placed kexts in /L/E but battery status still shows wrong.
Can you give me some advice on this?
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Sorry, I upload the new one below.

This ioreg shows battery fully charged. Look at BAT1->AppleSmartBatteryManager->AppleSmartBattery.
Note that CurrentCapacity is same as MaxCapacity (0x1752).
Indicates full charge. You should expect battery status to show 100% in the full charge scenario.

As far as "on battery" when it is not, it means your AC adapter code is likely broken.
Check into/debug your _PSR method.

This ioreg shows battery fully charged. Look at BAT1->AppleSmartBatteryManager->AppleSmartBattery.
Note that CurrentCapacity is same as MaxCapacity (0x1752).
Indicates full charge. You should expect battery status to show 100% in the full charge scenario.
But I currently plug in the power cord and it shows using battery now. Is it normal?

But I currently plug in the power cord and it shows using battery now. Is it normal?

Read edit post #15.

Thanks for the reply, the status update also seems to not work remaining at 100%, I will try to fix the code tomorrow

the status update also seems to not work remaining at 100%,

You need to determine if it is ACPI getting stuck or something else.
ACPIDebug.kext will be useful to debug your ACPI code.
And ACPIBatteryManager.kext (debug version) will also provide additional/useful logs in your kernel log.
You will need to become familiar with the ACPI spec.

Also, you should probably do an EC reset (EC may be corrupt due to previous runs with wrong setup).

just wanted to check in, did someone patched it successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back