Contribute
Register

[Help] Still waiting for root device (not happened in Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
Hi, I am trying to install OSX Catalina.
I have done two usb sticks, one 3.0 and the other 2.0 with the same clover versione and config files but i cannot boot none of the two on my HP Omen Laptop. I tried to boot the installer on my other computer that has usb 2.0 and it started no problem, when i try on the same computer with the 3.0 port it gave me the same error (still waiting for root device and then kp) as my omen. I cannot try the usb 2.0 port on my laptop becouse i don't have one so i don't know what to do. Strange that this didn't happened on my Mojave installation, i have the same bios as before so nothing has changed. I cannot try to upgrading from mojave becouse i wiped out my hard drive. I tried out without usbinjectall kext with no success.
photo_2019-10-19_13-49-05.jpg

photo_2019-10-19_13-49-04.jpg

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
I tried installing again Mojave with the lastest version of clover but it didn't work, so i tried with an older version (2.4 k470) and now it does work (i get to another error but at least it does read the drive). My question is can i install catalina with an old version of clover?

I tried installing again Mojave with the lastest version of clover but it didn't work, so i tried with an older version (2.4 k470) and now it does work (i get to another error but at least it does read the drive). My question is can i install catalina with an old version of clover?
i use 4961 from the downloads section

make sure to use a usb2.0 stick and try all your usb ports

I will try that
I have done some testing: every version older than 2.4k_r4813 work. Clover version newer than that for example 4895 (sourceforge) make some time to load and kp at still waiting for root device. How is that possible?
On my other computer that has usb 3.0 same thing (if i use a 2.0 port does work).

So i have tried your version of clover with two usb (one 3.0 the other 2.0) in every usb port but i always get still waiting for root device.
If i use 2.4k_r4813 with mojave i can get to this:
photo_2019-10-19_20-00-46.jpg

Maybe you can help me with this

So i have tried your version of clover with two usb (one 3.0 the other 2.0) in every usb port but i always get still waiting for root device.
If i use 2.4k_r4813 with mojave i can get to this:
View attachment 431551
Maybe you can help me with this
if you have made changes then you will to re upload your new clover folder

if you have made changes then you will to re upload your new clover folder
Here it is. If i can install mojave maybe i can upgrade to catalina but i don't know what to do about clover that doesen't work above 4895. With this clover configuration i am stuck at:
photo_2019-10-19_20-00-46.jpg

Attachments

• clover.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 37
Here it is. If i can install mojave maybe i can upgrade to catalina but i don't know what to do about clover that doesen't work above 4895. With this clover configuration i am stuck at:
View attachment 431559
you are getting that message because you changed these:

Code:
<dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
put them back as they were and you should be able to boot

you are getting that message because you changed these:

Code:
<dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
put them back as they were and you should be able to boot

ok I have downloaded another time the config from here (uhd 630) but the issue is still there.
I think that i need a boot flag for whatevergreen but i don't know which

Attachments

• clover.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 42

Today I tried everything, my laptop and my desktop computer both doesn’t accept my drive (still waiting for root device). On my desktop I tried to install catalina with success using a usb 2.0 port then with multibeast I was able to make usb 3.0 working (usb inject all and generic usb kext), but on my laptop I have no usb 2.0 ports so I cannot get post install. is there something else I can do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back