Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming 8GB - EVGA 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im trying to make a SSDT and implement it in my desktop to get proper power management, I've found a lot of threads on it on here, but none in full detail of each step in doing so, they all say use this script or maciasl but don't say what you need to add or change, and as far as the script I can't get it to make me a SSDT, and I had MaciAsl generate me one, do I need to change anything? Afterwards what do I change in my settings? what do I enable in Clover(have no idea how to fully use Clover yet) I figure I need to remove NullCpuPowerMangement, but what all do I turn on? All help is much appreciated, been fighting for 2 days just to get Clover to install El Capitan on my Test Hard Drive and so far Clover is not pleasing to me and I'm just frustrated, thanks ahead of time.

Im trying to make a SSDT and implement it in my desktop to get proper power management, I've found a lot of threads on it on here, but none in full detail of each step in doing so, they all say use this script or maciasl but don't say what you need to add or change, and as far as the script I can't get it to make me a SSDT, and I had MaciAsl generate me one, do I need to change anything? Afterwards what do I change in my settings? what do I enable in Clover(have no idea how to fully use Clover yet) I figure I need to remove NullCpuPowerMangement, but what all do I turn on? All help is much appreciated, been fighting for 2 days just to get Clover to install El Capitan on my Test Hard Drive and so far Clover is not pleasing to me and I'm just frustrated, thanks ahead of time.

Use ssdtPRgen.sh.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

SsdtPRGen.sh doesn't make .aml file, it literally does nothing, there's no SSDT created on my desktop or anywhere, even doing a search in the file system shows nothing up. That's why I asked for assistance because the guides arnt showing some step, even tried RevoGirls version and all it does is make a quick link to the command line script on the desktop but it's not making the SSDTs

Ok this is the SSDT ssdtPRGen made, had to re-re-re-re download it, for some reason it wasn't running the full commands, got a warning that my Model-ID wasn't supported, set it to 13,2 and still got it, that an issue or nothing to worry about? Also Ive attached the SSDT it created if you don't mind looking over it to make sure it looks fine, thanks again for the help

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 239
Just as happened previously, that guide doesn't specify something, disabling generating C/P states and only having DropSSDt=Yes and removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext just makes it hang at AppleKeyStore in the loading screen. As far as as anything else I don't know what to do to fix the problem :(

If you remove NullCPUPowerManagement and implement native PM you need a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Check if the following keys are set to enabled in Clover's config.plist

- AsusAICPUPM
- KernelPm
- AppleRTC

Check this and this.

I appreciate your time in attempting to help, still won't work after trying what you said, but I swapped out for my new setup, and it works on this one with just the ssdt, thanks again :)

I appreciate your time in attempting to help, still won't work after trying what you said, but I swapped out for my new setup, and it works on this one with just the ssdt, thanks again :)

Keep in mind DH67CL requires a number of DSDT patches. And you need DropOem=true.

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch

Native CPU PM doesn't work until you add the Processor objects to DSDT in Scope (_PR) and drop the OEM SSDTs (because they declare the Processor objects elsewhere).

There is probably a smarter, less invasive way to do this, but that's what I came up with. It works well, so I haven't bothered to look into it further.

It is best to generate the SSDT (ssdtPRgen.sh) *after* you have the patched DSDT in place, so it finds the Processor objects in Scope (_PR) instead of Scope (_SB).

i got a power management problem with my ivy bridge cpu (i5-3570k) on a Gigabyte z77-ds3h
-> No intel Speedstep working :/ . Multiplier stuck at x16... still exactly at 1,6GHz/core.. cf 1st screenshot .. l

So i've tested the SSDT.aml method (piker ssdtPRGen.sh with lot of options tested :workarounds 1 to 3 / xcpm 0/1 / ...) in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ . On clover's config.plist version : only PluginType, KernelXCPM & AppleRTC options activated)

./ssdtPRGEN.sh -x 0 -c 3 -p i5-3570K -m iMac13,2 (i tried a lot of options but no changes)

My ioreg looks ok with CPU0 / AppleACPICPU / X86PlatformPlugin / Cstates /

i checked on AppleIntelInfos.kext (that i compiled on xcode) and look at the CPU P-states result : only 16x that's it !

However XCPM seems to be activated :
#>sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode
return 1

I've tested without SSDT.aml (deleting from patched) and using only config.plist with millions combinaisons of options :
ACPI/Drop TablesSSDT/CpuPmSSDT+Cpu0Ist
KernelXPCM / AppleIntelCPUPM
Generate Pstates / Cstates options
PluginType
I've tried modifing the SMBIOS models with ivy bridge compatibles ones (iMac13,2 / macmini6,2 / macpro..)

Everytime i arrive to the same result no turbo boost working for me on Mojave or even on High Sierra i just re-installed..

For information to test & verify the realtime cpu frequencies i use the "Intel Power Gadget" kext + app & HWMonitor from FakeSMC (which seems to begin to be depreciated).

> it's look like intel turbo boost / speedstep / EIST don't works.

If it's possible to get it please help ! :)

got a power management problem with my ivy bridge cpu
Not a good idea to hijack another users' thread. This thread is a special case, 7 series CPU on a 6 series motherboard; not your situation.
Search: "Ivy Bridge XCPM" or start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back