Contribute
Register

[Help] Sony VAIO SVS151190X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't think I applied that one. I couldn't find "os check fix" in clover configuration. It's not the Darwin or Darwin7 fix is it?

I'd rather do as much clover hot patching as possible (which im not sure if using clover configuration counts because I don't know how to manually convert the patch repository to clover.plist format) But if os check fix isn't available in clover_configurator, I guess I can manually add it to an extracted dsdt.dsl

For _OSI patching with Clover hotpatch, use SSDT-XOSI.aml and appropriate patches as per ACPI hotpatch guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

For _OSI patching with Clover hotpatch, use SSDT-XOSI.aml and appropriate patches as per ACPI hotpatch guide:
Okay, so I'll do the renames in clover (using config.plist).
I see "SSDT-XOSI.dsl" in the repository.
1. Do I simply open the downloaded .dsl in MacIASL and save it in .aml format?
2. Do I then copy that SSDT-XOSI.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/?
3. This hot patching method seems similar to static patching, I'm confused?
I have a static patched SSDT.aml (CPU Power Management) and DSDT.aml (Battery % Patch) in the same /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory.
4. I also have a SSDT-PNLF.aml pre-made from the new Panel Slider guide. Is this a static patched or a hot patch?

Okay, so I'll do the renames in clover (using config.plist).
I see "SSDT-XOSI.dsl" in the repository.
1. Do I simply open the downloaded .dsl in MacIASL and save it in .aml format?
2. Do I then copy that SSDT-XOSI.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/?
3. This hot patching method seems similar to static patching, I'm confused?
I have a static patched SSDT.aml (CPU Power Management) and DSDT.aml (Battery % Patch) in the same /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory.
4. I also have a SSDT-PNLF.aml pre-made from the new Panel Slider guide. Is this a static patched or a hot patch?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Not similar at all. SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh is not static patching. It is simply an add-on SSDT. It is ok to mix static patching with hotpatching as long as you're careful (eg. _OSI hotpatch + battery status static patch).
4. SSDT-PNLF.aml is an add-on SSDT.

ACPI not patched correctly.
Done. Applied XOSI hotpatch method.

Your ioreg proves you neglected to disable the Nvidia device.
Done. Disabled nVidia device via _OFF and _INI method via static patch to SSDT-4.aml

There's nothing else that I'm able to to fix. (Undervolting isn't possible. Clover setting to "disable Turbo on battery" isn't working, oh well).

Last edited:
update: Problem Reporting file on previous post.
ACPI not patched correctly
I did the XOSI patch. I think I'm missing other patches, but I don't know which patches to apply.

Still have many issues to fix:

-Any app that tries to read system info doesn't seem to work:
  • "About This Mac"
  • MachineProfile App, Dr Battery App

-Sound doesn't work if my laptop resumes from sleep.

-Battery Life sucks (Actually, battery life has always sucked, even though wear level is only 15% according to Windows)
  • Ivy Bridge problem because uncore runs at full speed instead of idling. About 3.5W package total at idle. Also can't undervolt. Read that haswell and newer can undervolt.
  • Using IvyBridge XCPM (in Clover), but can't disable TurboBoost in battery mode (actually can't disable TurboBoost at all)
  • Patched DSDT to disable nVidia, but not sure if it's still consuming power.

Last edited:
Update: More progress. Attached latest "problem reporting" files.

Done. Applied XOSI hotpatch method.

Done. Disabled nVidia device via _OFF and _INI method via static patch to SSDT-4.aml

"About This Mac" and "MachineProfile" still crashes/won't load.
Can you check if I did the patches correctly?
There's nothing else left to fix. (Undervolting isn't possible. Clover disable Turbo on battery isn't working, oh well).
update: Problem Reporting file on previous post.

I did the XOSI patch. I think I'm missing other patches, but I don't know which patches to apply.

Still have many issues to fix:

-Any app that tries to read system info doesn't seem to work:
  • "About This Mac"
  • MachineProfile App, Dr Battery App

-Sound doesn't work if my laptop resumes from sleep.

-Battery Life sucks (Actually, battery life has always sucked, even though wear level is only 15% according to Windows)
  • Ivy Bridge problem because uncore runs at full speed instead of idling. About 3.5W package total at idle. Also can't undervolt. Read that haswell and newer can undervolt.
  • Using IvyBridge XCPM (in Clover), but can't disable TurboBoost in battery mode (actually can't disable TurboBoost at all)
  • Patched DSDT to disable nVidia, but not sure if it's still consuming power.

You have way too many "Fixes" at config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

You have way too many "Fixes" at config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Yeah, I tried unchecking every single clover.plist fix and my laptop still boots and works fine, it did mess up sleep though, unless I apply the two wake hotpatches.

"About This Mac" or "MachineProfile" still doesn't work.

MachineProfile didn't work in El-Capitan either, while "About This Mac" would load in El-Capitan even though there clearly some ACPI error somewhere because it says, memory installed is 0 or unknown. (Forgot exactly what it shows)

I'm more concerned about customizing CPU power management at the moment.

MacOS doesn't seem to have different CPU performance profiles for battery and AC power. Whereas in Windows, the CPU is much less aggressive with going to max clock speeds on battery than on AC power. I could also manually limit max clock speeds by adjusting settings in Control Panel->Power

(edits: updates)
Keep in mind certain kexts must remain (also) in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, or otherwise you're not able to boot the installer and/or recovery partition. You really need to read post #2 of the guide carefully
Yeah, I've been experimenting with /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other vs /Library/Extensions

Not sure if CSR got more strict in macOS 10.13.4 (Because I can't seem to boot with CSR Enabled at all. White Prohibited Sign.)

If I place all the kexts in Clover, then I can only boot with CSRActiveConfig set at 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and leave all the kexts in Clover also, I can only boot with 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and leave all but FakeSMC, Rtl8111 and VoodooPS2Controller in Clover, I can only boot with 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and remove all kexts from Clover, I can also boot with 0x3 (CSR Custom Config)
I can't boot at all with 0x0 (CSR Enabled) whether kexts is in Clover and/or /Library/Extensions.

Only Works in Library/Extensions:
CodecCommander.kext (Needed for restoring audio from sleep in laptop)
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (For Clover injection only, use BrcmFirmwareData.kext instead)

Last edited:
(edits: updates)

Yeah, I've been experimenting with /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other vs /Library/Extensions

Not sure if CSR got more strict in macOS 10.13.4 (Because I can't seem to boot with CSR Enabled at all. White Prohibited Sign.)

If I place all the kexts in Clover, then I can only boot with CSRActiveConfig set at 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and leave all the kexts in Clover also, I can only boot with 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and leave all but FakeSMC, Rtl8111 and VoodooPS2Controller in Clover, I can only boot with 0x67 (CSR Disabled)
If I place all the kexts in /Library/Extensions, and remove all kexts from Clover, I can also boot with 0x3 (CSR Custom Config)
I can't boot at all with 0x0 (CSR Enabled) whether kexts is in Clover and/or /Library/Extensions.

Only Works in Library/Extensions:
CodecCommander.kext (Needed for restoring audio from sleep in laptop)
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (For Clover injection only, use BrcmFirmwareData.kext instead)

The guide plists have the correct ACPI and RtVariables settings:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The guide plists have the correct ACPI and RtVariables settings:

1. Do you mean the config.plist from "https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config"?
2. In my case, it would be the "config_HD4000_1600x900.plist" I'm guessing?
3. So I can just use the settings from that config.plist, as long as my laptop is fully hot-patched?

In any case, I'll re-read that tutorial again. I felt like I've read it so many times already, but thanks for writing such a detailed guide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back