AMD/ATI Firepro V5900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my system but when I put in the Mac OS dvd at the iBoot screen (nothing shows up unless I use GraphicsEnabler = no), the apple logo appears and after a number of seconds and I get the no entry sign (see first picture). I haven't been able to get past this screen to the actual installation screen. I currently have Windows 7 64 bit installed on an OCZ Revo Drive 3 PCIE SSD and would like to install Mac OS to an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. I'm running 32 Gb of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM.

IMG_0244[2].jpg

This is what I get when I run the "-v -f -x" option.

IMG_0251[1].jpg

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It's the AMD Firepro V5900 and it's Snow Leopard version 10.6.8.

It's the AMD Firepro V5900 and it's Snow Leopard version 10.6.8.

You trying to install on the hardware in your profile? socket 2011 board and CPU? Try booting with iBoot to get to the desktop and run MultiBeast - select the IOPCIFamily FIX and system utilities.

Yes. I'm trying to install with the following hardware:

MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 (Socket 2011)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k
GPU: AMD Firepro V5900
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 (I'm running Windows 7 64 bit from an OCZ Revo Drive 3 PCIE SSD but want to boot separately into Snow Leopard on the Vertex 4)
RAM: 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance (8 x 4 quad channel)

Did you mean the desktop of Snow Leopard or of iBoot? As I'm unable to get to the Snow Leopard desktop.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Yes. I'm trying to install with the following hardware:

MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 (Socket 2011)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k
GPU: AMD Firepro V5900
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 (I'm running Windows 7 64 bit from an OCZ Revo Drive 3 PCIE SSD but want to boot separately into Snow Leopard on the Vertex 4)
RAM: 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance (8 x 4 quad channel)

Did you mean the desktop of Snow Leopard or of iBoot? As I'm unable to get to the Snow Leopard desktop.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

besekle

due to the chipset and the type of CPU you have (IB) - you will have issues w trying to get SL installed and working -

so not sure what to tell you as you CPU is not compatible and you chipset for use in SL 10.6.8

totenkopf4,

What about with Mountain Lion? Can you go directly to it without installing SL as I have a copy of it as well (my intention was to install SL first then ML)? Also, I was able to get SL installed when I had bios version 1203, but I experienced the problem I'm having now when I tried to go to ML. I'm now running bios version 3009. The fact that it worked before just makes me think there's gotta be some way to get it to work now.

totenkopf4,

What about with Mountain Lion? Can you go directly to it without installing SL as I have a copy of it as well (my intention was to install SL first then ML)? Also, I was able to get SL installed when I had bios version 1203, but I experienced the problem I'm having now when I tried to go to ML. I'm now running bios version 3009. The fact that it worked before just makes me think there's gotta be some way to get it to work now.

bsekle

As to ML - yes but you will need to build a UNIBEAST thumb drive for the OSX.10.8 - see the www.Unibeast.com website for help
I just made one today on a 8 gb thumb drive 10.8.2

as to that video card - not sure dont know much about it - if you have had it work in the past then ok.
I would be hard pressed to say that You could get SL up on that hardware - if you do - suggest You make backups so you can recoop and failure. Also if you do - document the hell out of it as we would love to hear how it was done.

About Bios - sometimes newer isnt better - do some searching w Google on the bios versoin and Hackintosh w your MB name - see what you get.

I was finally able to get ML installed and booting perfectly with the latest bios installed - version 3408.

I used the following procedure:

1. Boot into Unibeast flash drive with boot flag: UseKernalCache=Yes cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No
2. Partition drive with mac osx journaled and GUID Partition table in options.
3. Install ML to drive.
4. Restart.
5. Set system preferences (create account etc) and then arrive at the desktop.
6. Run Multibeast for Mountain Lion and Lion with the settings in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCn0QVOn9w

7. Install voodoosync kext with kext beast.
8. Edit the chamelon and smbios files as in the video above.
9. Install the voodoo HDA to get the sound working: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2746

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my graphics card working though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back