Contribute
Register

[HELP]Sleep not working on Coffee Lake Laptop (MSI GV62 8RE) i7-8750H

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dual IMEI (you have one real/expected one IMEI@16 and another not expected IMEI@1E) thing you see in ioreg, might be a WhateverGreen.kext bug.

If you can boot without WhateverGreen.kext (or -wegoff), you might use that to verify the bug.
Or you can disable/remove/comment the IMEI renaming code in WhateverGreen.kext.

You might have "instant wake"... you didn't patch for it (refer to my ACPI patching guide).

SMBUS patch is not appropriate for your hardware (it is typically used on older hardware).

Your USB configuration is not correct.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Everything is at a halt because since I copied over the main kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to L/E, system has stopped booting.
After the usual 4-5 minutes of black screen, it just restarts, no KP information even with -v boot flag.
But boots with 7mb vram if I choose invalid ig-platform-id in config.plis/Graphics.
Installed the latest WhateverGreen.kext (release yesterday) with no luck.

Everything is at a halt because since I copied over the main kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to L/E, system has stopped booting.
After the usual 4-5 minutes of black screen, it just restarts, no KP information even with -v boot flag.
But boots with 7mb vram if I choose invalid ig-platform-id in config.plis/Graphics.
Installed the latest WhateverGreen.kext (release yesterday) with no luck.

Sounds like a graphics related problem.

You didn't attach any PR files.

Sounds like a graphics related problem.

You didn't attach any PR files.
Attached.
After a lot of debugging I can say with surety it's because of WhateverGreen.kext.

Attachments

• debug_26955.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
Attached.
After a lot of debugging I can say with surety it's because of WhateverGreen.kext.

You're attempting to use CFL kext...
Did you try different ig-platform-id values?

Maybe you should try Movave instead of the special build of 10.13.6?

You're attempting to use CFL kext...
Did you try different ig-platform-id values?

Maybe you should try Movave instead of the special build of 10.13.6?
It was working great before. Why would this happen all of a sudden? I even had backlight working properly, everything was okay.
Copied the kexts to the system location and then this..?

Your kextcache output proves no kexts installed.
That's because I deleted them from L/E and have them only in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to see if that would fix the issue. But no-go. Also fixed permissions and rebuilt kextcache using sudo kextcache -i /

That's because I deleted them from L/E and have them only in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to see if that would fix the issue. But no-go. Also fixed permissions and rebuilt kextcache using sudo kextcache -i /

All kexts should be in /L/E.
You have a bit of a mess in drivers64UEFI (2x ApfsDriverLoader plus apfs.efi, for example?!)

You might eliminate unneeded kexts in kexts/Other (AppleALC.kext is not critical, for example).

All kexts should be in /L/E.
You have a bit of a mess in drivers64UEFI (2x ApfsDriverLoader plus apfs.efi, for example?!)

You might eliminate unneeded kexts in kexts/Other (AppleALC.kext is not critical, for example).
Hmm, I seem to have fixed the issue (rebooted thrice just to make sure and it works) and also deleted extra stuff from drivers64UEFI.
Seems like there were issues with permissions and then the Inject Kexts = Detect was an icing over the whole thing.

Anyway, now the setup is as follows-
-Kexts installed in L/E.
-config.plist/Inject Kexts = Detect
-Backlight working
-Created custom SSDT-UIAC.aml for USBInjectAll.kext.
-Hibernation killed

Couldn't get around to removing IMEi@1E (couldn't find any such line in Info.plist of WhateverGreen.kext), and cannot work on the instant wake patch as there are 4 and don't know which one to use.
Sleep is still broken, reboots when put to sleep.

Couldn't get around to removing IMEi@1E (couldn't find any such line in Info.plist of WhateverGreen.kext),

Very easy find...
Code:
void WEG::processManagementEngineProperties(IORegistryEntry *imei) {
   auto name = imei->getName();
   // Rename mislabeled IMEI device
   if (!name || strcmp(name, "IMEI") != 0)
       WIOKit::renameDevice(imei, "IMEI");

and cannot work on the instant wake patch as there are 4 and don't know which one to use.

Skylake for Skylake and later.
Then 0x0d or 0x6d depending on what your native _PRW uses (check XHC._PRW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back