Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270-A
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black Edition
Hello,

I'm a newbie Hackintosh builder trying to dual-boot Sierra and Windows 10 on a Samsung Evo 850 250GB. I was able to install Sierra (yay) but after I run Multibeast and eject the USB installer, when I try to boot Sierra from my SSD it only loads halfway on the black Apple screen before freezing.

When I run Multibeast, the EFI doesn't go onto my SSD drive, it mounts on its own. I manually copied the EFI folder to my SSD and still no luck. Not sure if I did something wrong in my UEFI BIOS settings or if I'm doing something wrong in Multibeast.

Mobo: ASUS z270-A Prime
CPU: i7 7700K
Graphics: GTX 1070
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250GB
HDD: 1TB Western Digital

All I changed in UEFI BIOS settings before install was turn off the Serial Port. All the other settings were already set and XCHI Handoff is greyed out so I can't make changes. Any help would be great!

I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what came up. Any ideas? Do I need to install the graphics driver before I reboot without the USB installer?

Attachments

• D718E9C8-4B15-4860-9D02-FCB06B94E56F.jpeg
    D718E9C8-4B15-4860-9D02-FCB06B94E56F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 133
G'day!

Your setup is fairly similar to mine and I faced a similar issue just this afternoon. I was able to boot from my SSD again after I made some changes to my config.plist at the clover boot screen.

After looking at your screenshot, it looks like your graphics card/drivers maybe causing your problem.

Before you boot, open the Options menu on Clover. Key down to Graphical Options. I just unchecked all options relating to NVidia and checked the on board Intel option. My system then boots up into the OS without any problems.

This may not get your graphics card working, but at least it will get you back on the road.

All the best, Man!

RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back