CPU
i5-12600k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys i though i would try hackintosh on an old system ,i had sitting unused and then move on to get more a current cpu & motherboard ,the system is a P5B Deluxe with a modded Xeon x5460 , 8gb Corsair XMS DDR2
i have both tried out the GT 1030 ,and the Radeon R7 360
the 1030 works both in SIerra and High Sierra it gives me 40 fps ,but the image quality is very bad
the R7 i was only able to get it to work in Sierra with this method offered by Fl0r!an in other help posts

FakeID=0x665C1002, FixDisplay=True, InjectAti=True, FBName=Radeon RadeonDeinit=True
it shows up as AMD Radeon HD 8xxx 2048 MB ,the picture is smooth and much more vivid than the 1030 and i like it a lot
my only concern is that cinebench score shows 17, something FPS

which doesn't make sense because the R7 is a better card both on paper ,but also looks better in everything else within the OS

thoughts anyone ?? i wouldn't mind keeping the card for the new build and save a buck
P.S it is an R7 360 Sapphire Nitro

P5B Deluxe with a modded Xeon x5460 , 8gb Corsair XMS DDR2
i have both tried out the GT 1030 ,and the Radeon R7 360

hello ,this really bothers me too , when i read other people's posts for help , when the first comment to someone asking a simple question is please update your profile ,i get that you need system info ,to come up with solutions for specific types of hardware , that is why in my original post i have stated my motherboard and processor, and even Ram ,and i said that i don't plan to keep them ,because i will part out another motherboard cpu combo from the buyers guide , my question was regarding the R7 360 communication with the OSX in this case , from what i know ,motherboard and cpu is not a factor in this case , i don't understand the devotion to the rule for the rule's sake ,when i have already given my hardware info , however now that i have been forced to include the hardware info both in my post and personal details ,i presume all my problems will be solved in an instant

hello ,this really bothers me too , when i read other people's posts for help , when the first comment to someone asking a simple question is please update your profile ,i get that you need system info ,to come up with solutions for specific types of hardware , that is why in my original post i have stated my motherboard and processor, and even Ram
The rules require that your system specs are in your profile not some random place of your own choosing.
This way you only have to enter them once and everyone can find them without searching this whole thread and any subsequent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back