Motherboard
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700k
Graphics
GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today I've installed successfully my first hackintosh, I've downloaded the driver for the GPU then I've pressed restart and then I've booted the Hackintosh again for installing the other drivers with multibeast but this time after the Apple Logo load or in verbose mode after the load on my monitor appears the "no-signal" message and the PC still running.
I don't know what to do, please help me!

My build specs:

MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (I've choosed GTX 680 driver from the nVidia driver download site)

I don't know that the 6 series driver is going to help you on a 9 series card. I would wait on the GPU drivers and either use the internal iGPU on a single DVI/HDMI monitor until the dust settles (disconnect or disable the Nvidia GPU in the meantime). Since you've already installed the drivers and they may be what's causing you an issue, you might consider just doing a clean reinstall. You can try booting with nv_disable=1 which I _think_ disables Nvidia drivers? You'll just get poor res graphics but that's ok for now.

Are you still booting off the USB stick? I would see if you can boot to the USB stick then select your macOS drive to boot the OS. Is that where you're getting the black screen? Try adding nv_disable=1 in clover after booting to the USB stick and see if you can get to the desktop again.

Assuming you're on Sierra 10.12.4 I think the latest drivers support 9 series cards too. But if you're on el cap the latest drivers won't work for you I don't think, I think you'll need the previous gen drivers.

IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
I don't know that the 6 series driver is going to help you on a 9 series card. I would wait on the GPU drivers and either use the internal iGPU on a single DVI/HDMI monitor until the dust settles (disconnect or disable the Nvidia GPU in the meantime). Since you've already installed the drivers and they may be what's causing you an issue, you might consider just doing a clean reinstall. You can try booting with nv_disable=1 which I _think_ disables Nvidia drivers? You'll just get poor res graphics but that's ok for now.

Are you still booting off the USB stick? I would see if you can boot to the USB stick then select your macOS drive to boot the OS. Is that where you're getting the black screen? Try adding nv_disable=1 in clover after booting to the USB stick and see if you can get to the desktop again.

Assuming you're on Sierra 10.12.4 I think the latest drivers support 9 series cards too. But if you're on el cap the latest drivers won't work for you I don't think, I think you'll need the previous gen drivers.

Thank you for the help,
So if I boot with the OS X default graphics card driver the system starts but the screen is full of glitches, in the nVidia driver download page if I select the 9 series I can't choose Sierra as a OS the only series that allow me to do that are the 6 series, I've installed the boot loader from multibeast but if I use the boot loader I can reach clover but I can't load my system, but If I use the USB pen I can start the system without any problem I've tried to use the same settings in both clovers but it still doesn't work. I'm on the Sierra 10.12.4. How can I use the iGPU?

The driver is the same for all cards. Doesn't matter if it's a 600 series or a 900 series.

In my case, you wouldn't believe, a weird trick helped me. What I did was just swapped out a couple of usb cables on the backside of my cpu. I unplugged the keyboard and mouse and usb extension cable and plugged them again into different usb ports. Its strange but it fixed the blank screen problem where it said "no signal from hdmi"

try setting SMBIOS to iMac14,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back