Contribute
Register

Help! Shutdown causes reboot! New Asrock Z390 ITX - Tried all typical solutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z690-I
CPU
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
So my Asus Z370-i had a bad RAM slot so I decided to buy a new board. Instead of sticking with Z370 I decided to just "upgrade" to benefit from the beefier VRM's and upgraded controllers on the new Z390 boards. I chose the Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX board. My original installation boots and works fine except for one problem... Shutdown causes a reboot/restart. Everything else works. I cannot for the life of me figure it out!

This is what I've tried:
  • Clover "Shutdown Fix"
  • Clover shutdown fix with halt enabler
  • Tried changing APTIO drivers around...
  • Changing a ton of BIOS settings including disabling ErP (Asrock calls this something else)
  • Disabled wake from LAN
  • Tried booting with a "stock" config.plist
  • Tried booting an installer (same result)
I am a bit of a perfectionist and I can't stand having to wait around for it to go into a boot loop to do a hard shutdown. I'm thinking maybe I should return the Asrock and buy the same old Asus Z370-i I had before... Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Here is a quick screenshot of the verbose screen on shutdown...
K5ZZzZc.jpg

Someone out there that's way smarter than I am can figure this out! I have faith in you all!

Have you managed to fix? I have a maximus Xi and shutdown and restart doesnt work .

I had a similar problem with a Gigabyte board. It was to do with power management setting in Bios. I think I fixed it by enabling Erp. This cuts off the power to USB ports after shutdown. Disabled allows them to be powered and anything connected can cause a restart.

Did you ever get this to work? I have the same board and it seems to have stopped shutting down properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back