CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I have a new build ready to go but am having a hard time with Sierra. First, here's my part list:
  • Asus Z170-A LGA 1151
  • Samsung 950 512GB M.2 (intend to put OS on this)
  • Seagate 3TB HDD SATA (secondary storage)
  • i7 Skylake
  • GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
  • Rosewill RNWD-N9003CE
  • IOGEAR Bluetooth USB adapter (works when OS is operating)
  • LG SATA Blu-Ray
  • Corsair LPX 32 DDR4 2400
  • Internal Card Reader (SD, CF, ect.)
Now here comes the story. I tried installing Sierra via USB on my 950 M.2 to start off with but found that it wasn't read by the OS installer. So I temporarily installed the OS on the 3TB instead and thought I could install my OS on the M.2 from there. Turns out even after I had the OS working by booting from the 3TB the 950 still wasn't shown. I dug around forums and found how to patch the kexts and got myself in a mess. I honestly couldn't tell you what I patched and what kexts I injected with clover. Fast forward to earlier this week and I was magically able to see the 950 and install the OS via USB. It installed and I thought I was in the clear. All I would do is wipe the 3TB and only boot from the 950. But as soon as the computer finished installation and rebooted, I started getting a panic or two. See the attached images.

So now I have Sierra installed on both the 3TB SATA and 950 SSD M.2 but can't boot into either of them after trying all the different clover boot options I could find from our forums here.

I've tried injecting all the kexts I can find that apply to my build including HackrNVMeFamily but can't seem to get past this current state of booting and having the scripts appear before the loading bar even gets to 5%. Let me know if y'all have any fixes or ideas for troubleshooting or if I should erase everything and start from scratch.

Thanks a ton in advance,
Aaron

Attachments

• Right after Installing on M.2.png
    Right after Installing on M.2.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 161
  • After trying to Boot from my new config.png
    After trying to Boot from my new config.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 161
Try adding maxmem=4096 dart=0 to the string of boot flags, and see how that goes. Post back

Good news! I found some time a started fresh. Erased both internal hard drives, installed 12.3 on an external SSD and installed the NVME patch using Kext Utility to see my M.2 Drive. I then used Carbon Copy Clone the external SSD to my internal 950 Pro. Everything is running smoothly with 2 exceptions:
  1. NVIDIA Graphics Web Driver doesn't seem to want to work.
    • Installed with nv_disable=1 and NvidiaWeb checked, vise versa, and all kinds of other combinations with and without InjectNVIDIA through Clover
    • Regardless of the boot settings from my config, the computer defaults to the MacOS graphics driver.
    • This also inhibits the use of multiple monitors (I tried to enable the multiple monitor support in my BIOS and it makes my icons look like glitch art)
  2. Hiss sound on startup through speakers
  • I tried multiple drivers but Voodoo seems to do the trick with the most control
  • When I go into Voodoo settings after boot and turn down the Input Gain, it goes away but then I have no microphone
Any help on this would be appreciated!

1. NVIDIA Graphics Web Driver doesn't seem to want to work.
    • Installed with nv_disable=1 and NvidiaWeb checked, vise versa, and all kinds of other combinations with and without InjectNVIDIA through Clover
    • Regardless of the boot settings from my config, the computer defaults to the MacOS graphics driver.
    • This also inhibits the use of multiple monitors (I tried to enable the multiple monitor support in my BIOS and it makes my icons look like glitch art)
Probably Problem 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back