Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
hello,
I tried to patch AppleHDA using AppleAlc. The audio can be detected, and when the earphone is plugged in it can also be detected and switched to automatically, but both have no sound, while the fixed microphone can work all the time. I tried for days googling for solutions but unluckily none did help. I felt really terrible. Thus I make this post for help.

I have dumped the codec in Linux, drew the codec graph, and edited the verbs, layout and platform files according to the AppleAlc Guide (in the zip attached to the post). But I didnt know whats wrong. Attached to the post are some files which may help some guys figure out the problems.

If any other info is needed let me know.

Thanks.
note: I use opencore to boot.

Attachments

• ALC274 Patch.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 384
I have this exact same issue on my Eluktronics Max 17, detects mic and it records, detects speakers and switches to headphones when connected but no sound.

EDIT: I used your patch and now I'm getting sound out of the speakers but still nothing out of headphone jack... and the input device is completely gone. Not sure how you can help with that???

Last edited:
Hi, i have exact same problem on my Monster Abra A5 v15.5(Tongfang GK5MP5V), i couldn't figure anything about this patch, how can i use this patch on my system ?

I have this exact same issue on my Eluktronics Max 17, detects mic and it records, detects speakers and switches to headphones when connected but no sound.

EDIT: I used your patch and now I'm getting sound out of the speakers but still nothing out of headphone jack... and the input device is completely gone. Not sure how you can help with that???
I have a Maingear Element 3, which is the same TongFang barebone chassis. I just finished a base codec patch for ALC274 on this machine with layout-id 28 -- the built in speakers and built in microphone are functional with this codec patch. I submitted a PR so this will eventually make it into the the official AppleALC kext, but for now I have attached version I built and am using locally.

For now, speakers and mic are fine for me, but I may look further into getting the line in and headphone out working in the future. They are detected when plugged in but do not function correctly.

Attachments

• ALC274-AppleALC.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 310
Church, this worked for me. Is there a way i can help you make the headphones work?

Thanks for the kext!

Church, this worked for me. Is there a way i can help you make the headphones work?

Thanks for the kext!
As this isn't something I need to use, I don't think I'll be investing more free time into it in the near future. However, I would like to note that the patch has been merged into AppleALC, so you should be able to use the official version of the kext now and from here on out. I or someone else may pick it up again in the future to enable this functionality.

Also -- as an unrelated FYI, I was able to identify that this laptop's Intel Wi-Fi card is not locked to CNVi. I was able to replace it with a Broadcom m.2 card for native Wi-Fi, handoff, and continuity.

As this isn't something I need to use, I don't think I'll be investing more free time into it in the near future. However, I would like to note that the patch has been merged into AppleALC, so you should be able to use the official version of the kext now and from here on out. I or someone else may pick it up again in the future to enable this functionality.

Also -- as an unrelated FYI, I was able to identify that this laptop's Intel Wi-Fi card is not locked to CNVi. I was able to replace it with a Broadcom m.2 card for native Wi-Fi, handoff, and continuity.
Thanks for all your hard work! I have a Maingear Element 2 laptop. I had the same issue as others. I used alcid=21 in Opencore. Your updated AppleALC with alcid=28 works flawlessly and restored onboard audio YAY!!!. As far as wifi I use AirportItlwm.kext and my onboard WiFi and Airplay works. I'm attaching my EFI so when time permits you can check if AirportItlwm.kext works for you as well. Also I have not been able to sucessfully patch my battery. Did you need to patch yours? or was there a kext I missed?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 206
Thanks for all your hard work! I have a Maingear Element 2 laptop. I had the same issue as others. I used alcid=21 in Opencore. Your updated AppleALC with alcid=28 works flawlessly and restored onboard audio YAY!!!. As far as wifi I use AirportItlwm.kext and my onboard WiFi and Airplay works. I'm attaching my EFI so when time permits you can check if AirportItlwm.kext works for you as well. Also I have not been able to sucessfully patch my battery. Did you need to patch yours? or was there a kext I missed?
Aside from having no interest whatsoever in testing your EFI (no offense intended, but my EFI works well and I'd rather not mess my system up), I have no need for Airportitwlm, as I swapped my Intel AX201 wireless out for a DW1820A. Assuming your system is similar, you should be able to do the same (I believe the Element 2 and 3 have the same hardware and BIOS, to be honest). You can put either a third party card in like a DW1560/1820A, or get an Apple Airport card.

For bluetooth to work on either card, I had to enable Thunderbolt in the BIOS, set to "no security." This enables the Thunderbolt USB controller, which the M.2 USB interface is connected to on port HS14. This will be necessary for a full USB map.

As for the battery -- I have an SSDT patch which gets it to work with SMCBatteryManager.kext. Just make sure the plugin is included with VirtualSMC, and add the patch attached -- hopefully it works for you as well.

Attachments

• SSDT-BATT.aml
    2 KB · Views: 114
Aside from having no interest whatsoever in testing your EFI (no offense intended, but my EFI works well and I'd rather not mess my system up), I have no need for Airportitwlm, as I swapped my Intel AX201 wireless out for a DW1820A. Assuming your system is similar, you should be able to do the same (I believe the Element 2 and 3 have the same hardware and BIOS, to be honest). You can put either a third party card in like a DW1560/1820A, or get an Apple Airport card.

For bluetooth to work on either card, I had to enable Thunderbolt in the BIOS, set to "no security." This enables the Thunderbolt USB controller, which the M.2 USB interface is connected to on port HS14. This will be necessary for a full USB map.

As for the battery -- I have an SSDT patch which gets it to work with SMCBatteryManager.kext. Just make sure the plugin is included with VirtualSMC, and add the patch attached -- hopefully it works for you as well.
Thanks for the reply and the patch. Unfortunately it did not work. Yet it has given me a direction towards resolution. I can understand not wanting to experiment.. since you have already swapped out your hardware. I will look into the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back