[Help] Realtek Alc274 no sound

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
hello,
I tried to patch AppleHDA using AppleAlc. The audio can be detected, and when the earphone is plugged in it can also be detected and switched to automatically, but both have no sound, while the fixed microphone can work all the time. I tried for days googling for solutions but unluckily none did help. I felt really terrible. Thus I make this post for help.

I have dumped the codec in Linux, drew the codec graph, and edited the verbs, layout and platform files according to the AppleAlc Guide (in the zip attached to the post). But I didnt know whats wrong. Attached to the post are some files which may help some guys figure out the problems.

If any other info is needed let me know.

Thanks.
note: I use opencore to boot.

Attachments

• ALC274 Patch.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 104
Motherboard
ASRock Z490
CPU
INTEL I7 10700k
Graphics
AMD 5700XT
I have this exact same issue on my Eluktronics Max 17, detects mic and it records, detects speakers and switches to headphones when connected but no sound.

EDIT: I used your patch and now I'm getting sound out of the speakers but still nothing out of headphone jack... and the input device is completely gone. Not sure how you can help with that???

Last edited:
Motherboard
Tongfang GK5MP5V
CPU
İ5-10300H
Graphics
UHD630+GTX1650Refresh
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i have exact same problem on my Monster Abra A5 v15.5(Tongfang GK5MP5V), i couldn't figure anything about this patch, how can i use this patch on my system ?

Motherboard
Maingear Element 3 OpenCore
CPU
i7-10875H/HM470
Graphics
UHD630/RTX2070S, 1080p@240Hz
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have this exact same issue on my Eluktronics Max 17, detects mic and it records, detects speakers and switches to headphones when connected but no sound.

EDIT: I used your patch and now I'm getting sound out of the speakers but still nothing out of headphone jack... and the input device is completely gone. Not sure how you can help with that???
I have a Maingear Element 3, which is the same TongFang barebone chassis. I just finished a base codec patch for ALC274 on this machine with layout-id 28 -- the built in speakers and built in microphone are functional with this codec patch. I submitted a PR so this will eventually make it into the the official AppleALC kext, but for now I have attached version I built and am using locally.

For now, speakers and mic are fine for me, but I may look further into getting the line in and headphone out working in the future. They are detected when plugged in but do not function correctly.

Attachments

• ALC274-AppleALC.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Motherboard
XFX 790i
CPU
Q9550@3.8
Graphics
Geforce GTX 460 SLI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Church, this worked for me. Is there a way i can help you make the headphones work?

Thanks for the kext!

Motherboard
Maingear Element 3 OpenCore
CPU
i7-10875H/HM470
Graphics
UHD630/RTX2070S, 1080p@240Hz
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Church, this worked for me. Is there a way i can help you make the headphones work?

Thanks for the kext!
As this isn't something I need to use, I don't think I'll be investing more free time into it in the near future. However, I would like to note that the patch has been merged into AppleALC, so you should be able to use the official version of the kext now and from here on out. I or someone else may pick it up again in the future to enable this functionality.

Also -- as an unrelated FYI, I was able to identify that this laptop's Intel Wi-Fi card is not locked to CNVi. I was able to replace it with a Broadcom m.2 card for native Wi-Fi, handoff, and continuity.