Hi,

I've made a new build yesterday with these components :
Core I3 9100
Gigabyte z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
Crucial DDR4 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 2400 MHz CL17 DR X8
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 Go
(No graphic card, I don't need it)
Mojave 10.14.6

At the beginning, I had problems to shutdown, but I've fix it with "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"
Now, all is pretty good (IGPU, USB map, shutdown, reboot, LAN) except one thing :
My build is randomly stuck at boot with prohibited sign (stop), not often, but maybe one time in ten!

Anyone knows what can it be?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi,

I've made a new build yesterday with these components :
Core I3 9100
Gigabyte z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
Crucial DDR4 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 2400 MHz CL17 DR X8
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 Go
(No graphic card, I don't need it)
Mojave 10.14.6

At the beginning, I had problems to shutdown, but I've fix it with "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"
Now, all is pretty good (IGPU, USB map, shutdown, reboot, LAN) except one thing :
My build is randomly stuck at boot with prohibited sign (stop), not often, but maybe one time in ten!

Anyone knows what can it be?

Thanks in advance

Hi there.

Some ideas:

1) How did you install macOS?

2) Do not use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi - the author no-longer recommends its use. AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi.

3) Do you have the "slide=0" boot command in place?

:)

Hi, thanks for this answer.
1) I installed it with unibeast and multibeast, then I've put USBmap kext and SSDT from this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...re-rx-580-mojave-10-14-3.271145/#post-1904096 to have my USB working perfectly.
And i've add "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"drivers.
2) I've tried a lot of things, and it was the only that can allow me to shutdown. But maybe I didn't try this one : "OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi"
3) Maybe it's the solution, I forgot the "slide=O"
I will try this first, and if it do not work I'll try "OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi"

Best regards

Well, with "OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi" it's worst : no shutdown, no boot at all :(

I assume you get a line of "++++++++" ?

The only rational one left is AptioMemoryFix.efi.

The prohibited sign means a few things, a deactivated USB port when using a boot-stick, a wrongly configured destination drive making it unbootable, memory fix/slide, or SATA.

If you are following the guide you linked to then bear in mind your own memory type, your lack of an RX580 and type of SSD you are booting.

There is also an error in the 10th March EFI folder the OP of that thread uploaded. It has both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. So I hope you used the 17th March version. There were other errors too.

If you used his config.plist the slide command was already there.

Boot in verbose mode to show where it stalls then upload a photo :thumbup:

Hi :)
I've only used this guide for USB mapping.
For the install I did it with the Tonymac basic install guide.
USB ports, destination drive and SATA are OK, so I assume the problem is memory fix?
The thing is that, now, I've tried a lot of memory fixes and the only one that allow me to boot, restart and shutdown is "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000" (but with this random crash at boot).
Or maybe I've not used the last "AptioMemoryFix.efi"? Do you know where I can find the most recent version?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help :thumbup:

Finally, I went back to the previous configuration (with AptioMemoryFix.efi): so everything works except shutdown.
It's not perfect : i have to reboot, quit clover and then press the shutdown button, but it's better than random crashes. I'm gonna dig a little deeper into this to find a better solution, but for now it's the best I found :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back