Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I'm at a loss after two days of frustrated troubleshooting, maybe someone here can help me find out what's going on. I installed El Cap following this guide and then upgraded to Sierra following this guide. Everything was working (except sleep, which is a known issue) until I updated to 10.12.4. Now I'm experiencing random freezes - the screen goes blank white/black (or some other solid colour), and I have to force reboot.

I tried searching for solutions, but anything related to HD 530 I could find is either about boot/acceleration problems (kexts not being injected, etc), flickering (solved by "Glitch fix") or video playback on older chipsets.

So far I have the following graphics fixes:
* Multibeat Intel HD 530 applied
* Glitch fix from here
* Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup from here (not sure if it's required, but was mentioned somewhere on InsanelyMac as a possible fix)

I followed the guides linked above practically to the letter, as my hardware is exactly identical
* Intel Core i5-6400 (w/ Intel HD 530)
* Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI (w/ Bios F4c)
* Dell DW1560

config.plist is attached. I'd appreciate any help or ideas as to how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

Edit: also worth mentioning, there's a bit of _DirtyJestsamMemoryLimit spam in the system.log, not sure if it's related or whether the source of it can be traced

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 255
Remove nv_disable=1 from Boot Arguments

01.png

02.png

Graphics Glitch Fix not applied correctly (<string>AQAAAA==</string> should be <data>AQAAAA==</data>)

03.png

04.png

Thanks, let me try that. Had nv_disable=1 because I had a Pascal nVidia card, and I don't really need it in macOS.

Edit: no, that did not help. A freeze still happened, while the computer was idling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back