Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.

Every once in a while (it feels like at least twice a week now) my Hackintosh makes me want to rip off my head and throw it against the wall.:banghead: Well, not that bad. Anyway, the most prominent problem is the random freezes I get when I' doing typical things on my Hack. For example, playing Minecraft. I've posted about this in other threads and there seems to be an error in the console after it happens (check my other posts). I think it has something to do with my graphics card (Nvidia GT 640).

The second problem is random as well. Sometimes when I go to open an app, it opens, then immediately crashes. Whenever this happens, I can't open that app again without a restart of the system. It usually happens with multiple apps at a time.

The third issue is a Finder issue. Sometimes (again, randomly) Finder will do the same thing as described in my second problem. What happened yesterday, though, was different. Whenever I right-clicked an item, Finder would just close all of its windows.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I built this machine on Christmas 2012 (my first computer build, and my first Hack!), and I run a Minecraft server on it very often.

EDIT: I found the console error:
4/20/13 8:53:08.000 AM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error

Hello everyone.

Every once in a while (it feels like at least twice a week now) my Hackintosh makes me want to rip off my head and throw it against the wall.:banghead: Well, not that bad. Anyway, the most prominent problem is the random freezes I get when I' doing typical things on my Hack. For example, playing Minecraft. I've posted about this in other threads and there seems to be an error in the console after it happens (check my other posts). I think it has something to do with my graphics card (Nvidia GT 640).

The second problem is random as well. Sometimes when I go to open an app, it opens, then immediately crashes. Whenever this happens, I can't open that app again without a restart of the system. It usually happens with multiple apps at a time.

The third issue is a Finder issue. Sometimes (again, randomly) Finder will do the same thing as described in my second problem. What happened yesterday, though, was different. Whenever I right-clicked an item, Finder would just close all of its windows.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I built this machine on Christmas 2012 (my first computer build, and my first Hack!), and I run a Minecraft server on it very often.

EDIT: I found the console error:
4/20/13 8:53:08.000 AM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
some people claim changing system defs solve the freezes if you want to try make a backup with ccc carbon copy cloner before doing so. let me know if it solves your issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.59.14 PM.zip
    762.3 KB · Views: 120
some people claim changing system defs solve the freezes if you want to try make a backup with ccc carbon copy cloner before doing so. let me know if it solves your issue.

Do you think I should pick one that has the same processor as mine (i5 3570k), or the same socket? Are there some that cause issues? I don't have a drive to backup to at the moment but I have a UniBeast drive.

yes.before you do this open system/library/extensions and remove appletymceddriver kext.if you dont may get a kp and never be able to boot up.

I changed my system definition, but the problems still happen. Not as much, but they happen. The freezing problem might be gone, because I haven't seen it in a while, but the app closing I've seen a few times. Is there anything else I can do?

I'm still having problems with the computer, and there still are similar bugs to the ones I stated. Every once in a while, when I move my mouse down to unhide my dock, the screen flashes grey and the dock doesn't appear. The problem isn't fixed until I restart the computer. Also, apps keep crashing, usually over and over again when doing the same thing. For example, I tried to bounce a project in Logic Pro X to AAC, and Logic crashed. When I reopened it and tried to do it again, it crashed again.

Please, any help is appreciated.

I had freezes with one of my Z77-DS3H builds - It's the v1.0 board.

I found that replacing the Multibeast ethernet ALXEthernet v1.0.2 with AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) helped.
(Google AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) for a source)

I run mine as an iMac12,2 system definition.

Upgrading your BIOS may help too - I'm running F11a

Good Luck

I had freezes with one of my Z77-DS3H builds - It's the v1.0 board.

I found that replacing the Multibeast ethernet ALXEthernet v1.0.2 with AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) helped.
(Google ALXEthernet v1.0.2 for a source)

I run mine as an iMac12,2 system definition.

Upgrading your BIOS may help too - I'm running F11a

Good Luck

I'll try installing that kext. Thanks for the help.

Correction - I should have said "Google AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) for a source"

I know the last time I posted to this thread was last year, but these problems are still occurring. :-X I just had a string of about three computer freezes in a row. The screen freezes when doing something, and I can't move the mouse. For some reason it happens in frequent bunches, but the bunches are sporadic. I'd really like to get down to the nitty gritty of this problem, and I need someone to help me. A second problem is the random unexpected quitting of apps. This happens almost as frequently as the other problems.

Here's my current hardware:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i5-3570K (not overclocked)
EVGA Nvidia GT 640
16GB 1600MHz RAM
128GB SanDisk SSD
2TB WD Green HDD

I tried to look in the console for clues as to what the problem is, but I can't seem to find anything. I'm not really sure what to look for.

Really, any help is appreciated.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back