Motherboard
X99-UD5 WIFI
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
1080Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a beautiful working EP35-DS3P with a DSDT that is so tuned that I only need two kexts (FakeSMC, and a Realtek dummy 889a kext). I originally put my extras in a EFI partition and booted flawlessly from there.

Recently I just purchased 2TB x 2 drives and created a Raid1 Mirrored Set. I then proceeded to do a byte clone of my previous HD. Everything is successful.

So i attempted to install Chameleon on both raid members Disk0s3 and Disk1s3 (The macos X boot section of each raid device) I followed quite a few tutorials and ended up erasing my EFI partitions of my raid volumes and rendering them as active visible partitions (terrible advice) I even went as far as deleting the EFI partitions completely from my drives and removing them from the partition map completely... so now I have Disk0s1 is the 2TB section of a slice and Disk0s2 is the Mac Boot section of the slice (rather than Disk0s3) EFI is totally gone.

Now assuming EFI isn't really used anyway I proceeded. I can get chameleon to boot but when the countdown timer starts to run on my raid boot volume if I hit any key it freezes the counter and never brings up the menu. Also, if i let the timer continue I see that it loads my DSDT and then next screen is a immediate KP "unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI"

now if i put chameleon on a USB stick and boot up with the stick and point the UUID of the stick to my raid it works perfectly. 100%

so i can easily just boot off the USB stick and keep it as a boot drive (its also got a system on it that doesn't boot but if i use iBOOT or another boot CD i can get the USB stick to boot fine) Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? I'd just like to solve why can't i get my raid1 to boot. I've been doing hackintosh's for 4 or 5 years now and have built 7 hackintosh's for friends and family and always gotten a 100% build. never had problems like this before?

Anyone have any RAID1 experience and chameleon - most tutorials are for Leopard, or Striped Raids.. haven't seen a perfect tutorial yet.

in my Raid Slice #1 and #2 in my extra / com.apple.boot.plist

I have this:

DSDT
hd(0,2)/DSDT.aml

this gets recognized... also it seems Apple makes a folder called

com.apple.boot.S and puts mach_kernel inside it, but if i try and add that to my kernel in the .plist it doesn't like it. if i delete that folder and kernel on reboot its back added by apple.

also my kernal flags have my boot-uuid.

I can boot off a USB stick and in that stick i added the boot-uuid to the mem stick and it will successfully boot my main drive.

ok update.

I pulled one of the Raid drives out, took the second drive and unmarried it from the raid and turned it into a NORMAL 2 TB HD. installed chameleon to it, EFI partition, the works, booted it up flawlessly!! no kernal panic, no errors.

Also, I was getting the Debug_DSDT screen on Chameleon RC5 when I had both drives plugged in but I don't get it with one drive.

here is my com.apple.boot.plist It was like in Raid1 it wasn't finding my DSDT properly, even though it showed it loaded it, i was getting debug_dsdt and then a KP about ACPI... Maybe there is another way to load the DSDT path wise. being that a raid was Disk0s1 - EFI / Disk 0s2 - TBdrive / Disk0s3 - Boot Mac os X (a raid thing apple does)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>SystemID</key>
	<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-001D7D017A2A</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>hd(0,1)/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>1Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=X86_64</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Default</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

also in my plist I have my raid UUID but i took it out because i copied and pasted this from my working EFI partition on my single drive.

zurie said:
ok update.

I pulled one of the Raid drives out, took the second drive and unmarried it from the raid and turned it into a NORMAL 2 TB HD. installed chameleon to it, EFI partition, the works, booted it up flawlessly!! no kernal panic, no errors.

Also, I was getting the Debug_DSDT screen on Chameleon RC5 when I had both drives plugged in but I don't get it with one drive.

here is my com.apple.boot.plist It was like in Raid1 it wasn't finding my DSDT properly, even though it showed it loaded it, i was getting debug_dsdt and then a KP about ACPI... Maybe there is another way to load the DSDT path wise. being that a raid was Disk0s1 - EFI / Disk 0s2 - TBdrive / Disk0s3 - Boot Mac os X (a raid thing apple does)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>SystemID</key>
	<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-001D7D017A2A</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>hd(0,1)/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>1Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=X86_64</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Default</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

also in my plist I have my raid UUID but i took it out because i copied and pasted this from my working EFI partition on my single drive.
Here is a refresh your memory how to install on RAID array. Remember that the total size of the boot partition across all of the RAID drives must be less than 1Tb in order to boot from it. I suspect this has been your problem, trying to install on 2 TB drives.

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 613&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back