Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus S56CB-XX173H (Clover)
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
Hello,
I just reinstalled sierra but this time the high version on my Asus S56C-XX173H thanks to your clover guide, thank you, now I need your help because I found some anomalies that were not there before, for the moment they are:

- the keys fn now allow me only to completely turn off the screen and adjust the volume but I can not adjust the brightness and if I go to system / monitor preferences / from cursor I can't lower the brightness but is fired to the maximum;

- the power management I did not understand if it works correctly, place some screen, you can immediately see that the frequency reaches 2.90 Ghz when the turbo of my CPU i7-3537U is 3.10 Ghz ...
And then I did a test with AppleIntelInfo.kext, how should be interpreted? ;

- of the three usb ports: that is a 3.0 and the other two 2.0, a 2.0 port does not work;

-when I start the PC appear some written for 2-3 seconds, I have to worry?

I attach all the necessary screens;

Thank you very much

AppleIntelInfo_Kext.png PM_1.png PM_2.png pc_Start.jpg kext.png origin.png patched.png

Last edited:
Hello,
I just reinstalled sierra but this time the high version on my Asus S56C-XX173H thanks to your clover guide, thank you, now I need your help because I found some anomalies that were not there before, for the moment they are:

- the keys fn now allow me only to completely turn off the screen and adjust the volume but I can not adjust the brightness and if I go to system / monitor preferences / from cursor I can't lower the brightness but is fired to the maximum;

- the power management I did not understand if it works correctly, place some screen, you can immediately see that the frequency reaches 2.90 Ghz when the turbo of my CPU i7-3537U is 3.10 Ghz ...

- of the three usb ports: that is a 3.0 and the other two 2.0, a 2.0 port does not work;

Thank you very much

View attachment 337685 View attachment 337690 View attachment 337691 View attachment 337689 View attachment 337686 View attachment 337687 View attachment 337688
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

also problem reporting files are incomplete

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I added the ultrabook to the signature, I await an answer
can't offer any advice yet as you haven't uploaded your problem reporting files mentioned in post 2

Hello,

Thank you very much

View attachment 337685 View attachment 337690 View attachment 337691 View attachment 337689 View attachment 337686 View attachment 337687 View attachment 337688

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Backlight control:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

I have installed all kext in / S / L / E and, I selected in the config file "/ SystemParameters / InjectKexts =" Detect "" and now in the EFI / CLOVER / KEXT there are only: FakeSMC.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad. kext, USBInjectAll.kext (but even those are in / S / L / E)... In this way at start doesn't load duplicates right? but now sometimes when starting macOS it happens that it crashes or restarts itself...
(attached the screen with all the plugins I had in the efi / clover / kext folder)
kext.png

I have installed all kext in / S / L / E and, I selected in the config file "/ SystemParameters / InjectKexts =" Detect "" and now in the EFI / CLOVER / KEXT there are only: FakeSMC.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad. kext, USBInjectAll.kext (but even those are in / S / L / E)... In this way at start doesn't load duplicates right? but now sometimes when starting macOS it happens that it crashes or restarts itself...
(attached the screen with all the plugins I had in the efi / clover / kext folder)
View attachment 337758
kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back