i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @RehabMan

I have got the latest revision of the AR3012 firmware from the linux firmware tree.

I had a few questions:-

Should I convert the hex of the DFU file like you have done for ath3k-1fw in ath3k-1fw.h (Sorry but I don't know how to put this, le me try to explain this with an example)

Like, in ath3k-1fw file from Linux source, the first block is:-

00005000 which becomes 0x00 0x00 0x50 0x00; likewise,
90019000 becomes 0x90 0x01 0x90 0x00

So, do I need to convert the hex value of ramps_0x41020000_40.dfu in the same way for adapting to your kext?

Also, what do we call this conversion, hex to raw? Is there a way to do this from command line as the file I have is too big to be done manually.

Regards

Attachments

• ramps_0x41020000_40.dfu.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 78
Hey @RehabMan

I have got the latest revision of the AR3012 firmware from the linux firmware tree.

I had a few questions:-

Should I convert the hex of the DFU file like you have done for ath3k-1fw in ath3k-1fw.h (Sorry but I don't know how to put this, le me try to explain this with an example)

Like, in ath3k-1fw file from Linux source, the first block is:-

00005000 which becomes 0x00 0x00 0x50 0x00; likewise,
90019000 becomes 0x90 0x01 0x90 0x00

So, do I need to convert the hex value of ramps_0x41020000_40.dfu in the same way for adapting to your kext?

Also, what do we call this conversion, hex to raw? Is there a way to do this from command line as the file I have is too big to be done manually.

Regards

You can convert a binary file to "C" code with xxd:
Code:
xxd -i ath3k-1fw >the_converted.h

And, What about this?

No idea.
You would need to review the Linux firmware uploader code... compare AR3011 code to AR3012 code, then decide how to bring that into IOath3kfrmwrk.kext.

btfiremareuploader 3.1.5 incloud ar3012 info,but can not work in high sierra

Hey @black.dragon74

I'm wondering if you've had any progress with this? I'm running macOS 10.13.6 on my Acer Aspire S3 with AR9462+AR3012 BT; while WiFi works flawlessly, the bluetooth is giving me a headache. I have somehow managed to get it working (no idea how) and paired both a Mighty Mouse and iPhone to it no problems. Worked until restart then got a 'Bluetooth: Not Available' icon again.

I've been trying to do exactly what you've tried doing in post 1 here, but clearly i'm not knowledgable enough to pull this off. I have not seen any updates from EMlyDinEsH on the topic and your VMware trick does not work for me (BT just goes unavailable after trying to switch it on within the VMware).

Please let me know if I can help you in any way to patch the BTFirmwareUploader.kext for 10.13.6.

Thanks!

Hey @black.dragon74

I'm wondering if you've had any progress with this? I'm running macOS 10.13.6 on my Acer Aspire S3 with AR9462+AR3012 BT; while WiFi works flawlessly, the bluetooth is giving me a headache. I have somehow managed to get it working (no idea how) and paired both a Mighty Mouse and iPhone to it no problems. Worked until restart then got a 'Bluetooth: Not Available' icon again.

I've been trying to do exactly what you've tried doing in post 1 here, but clearly i'm not knowledgable enough to pull this off. I have not seen any updates from EMlyDinEsH on the topic and your VMware trick does not work for me (BT just goes unavailable after trying to switch it on within the VMware).

Please let me know if I can help you in any way to patch the BTFirmwareUploader.kext for 10.13.6.

Thanks!
I drove my AR9462, but it is very unstable. I often get stuck after 2 minutes of booting then Wi-Fi can't be use.And I have to reboot my pc. How is your AR9462 driven?

I drove my AR9462, but it is very unstable. I often get stuck after 2 minutes of booting then Wi-Fi can't be use.And I have to reboot my pc. How is your AR9462 driven?

My WiFi (AR9462) working perfectly fine on 10.13.6. No problems with connection whatsoever - I can provide my kexts if you need. All I'm missing is the AR3012 bluetooth driver :/

My WiFi (AR9462) working perfectly fine on 10.13.6. No problems with connection whatsoever - I can provide my kexts if you need. All I'm missing is the AR3012 bluetooth driver :/
I am very grateful if you can send kext to me. And after you sent it to me, can you tell me the detail about making the kext work? Thank you very much.

Did you make any progress in making ar3012 work on high Sierra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back