Asus p8p67 Pro
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce gt7200
Hardware:
i7-2600k 3.4ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
16gb Ram 2 corsair xms, 2 kensington (have tried with just 1 stick 4g and same stuff happened)
Samsung Evo 840 250gb
Geforce gt7200

Problem:
When using iBoot it gets to the screen with the red apple w/eyes. I put the mac OS 10.6.7 disk hit F5 it comes up with mac os install. I hit enter. the apple splash screen comes up and then nothing works its frozen at screen.

~ Restarted got back to Install Mac OSX and typed flag PCIRootUID=1, same result.
~ restarted, but used flag PCIRootUID=1 -x the apple logo does not come up, its just a black screen. I can here dvd working but after about 5 min I get a message at top of screen EBIOS read error: Device time out Block 0x8XXXXX Sectors 0
~ restarted did same with just -x flag. same.

I tried a regular HD and same thing.

Please Help.

Last edited:
Hardware:
i7-2600k 3.4ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
16gb Ram 2 corsair xms, 2 kensington (have tried with just 1 stick 4g and same stuff happened)
Samsung Evo 840 250gb
Geforce gt7200

Problem:
When using iBoot it gets to the screen with the red apple w/eyes. I put the mac OS 10.6.7 disk hit F5 it comes up with mac os install. I hit enter. the apple splash screen comes up and then nothing works its frozen at screen.

~ Restarted got back to Install Mac OSX and typed flag PCIRootUID=1, same result.
~ restarted, but used flag PCIRootUID=1 -x the apple logo does not come up, its just a black screen. I can here dvd working but after about 5 min I get a message at top of screen EBIOS read error: Device time out Block 0x8XXXXX Sectors 0
~ restarted did same with just -x flag. same.

I tried a regular HD and same thing.

Please Help.

I solved this issue, it was a bad disc i barrowed, so i baught a new one and it worked. but more issues surfaced. the oldest os for download is EC but i need to get to 10.6.8. I can get update helper to run but system gets buggy after. my mouse usually moves but wont click. SOMETIMES when i unplug and replug in it works. so then i run 6.8 update. Per sandy bridge guide install update helper then restart then run 6.8 then restart. it keeps crashing. ive tried an ran multibeast before
final restart and i still crash. starting to get frustrated.

Proper procedure is install from DVD, download update helper, download 10.6.8 update (combo), run update helper, reboot, run 10.6.8 update (combo), run MultiBeast before reboot (best results seem to be to launch MB and make all selections, getting to the point where you need to click that last button to install, then run the combo update so all you have to do once the update finishes is click that last MB button, then reboot.

No luck. something just isn't clicking with my board, its compatible there is a DST for it. i even used andys boot cd witch is designed for my board and 6.8 still fails. at this point i might as well stay with .6.7 cuz i have no problems... but i would like to get to the newer OS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back