Graphics
and
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay, So my first post, and have had to resort to this, as i can't find an answer that works anywhere... I've never built a hackintosh before, but recently started playing around with the idea - first i ran Snow Leopard, and everything worked (audio etc.) But as all the other computers in the house are Macs on ML, it seemed like a good idea to upgrade. So i did the installation following tonymax86's guid (Uniboot and Multibeast (DSTD Free) -Which has gone well! Apart from the audio and sleep....

With the sleep, the monitors shut off, and i can't 'wake' the computer again - the mouse and keyboard effectively go dead, and i have to hold the power button down for a forced shutdown? - I've followed the threads about using Multibeast and the associated kexts, and deleting the sleep image thingy, i'm yet so see the monitors go off, but now the mouse and whole system just freezes with the monitors on? (and yes, i have changed the energy saving preferences!) - Also, when i shut down via the OS, it appears to shut down (goes out of the OS, and screens go black) But the computer remains on...?

With regards to audio, i really have no idea... it was working with snow leopard, but i'm not sure which kexts i had installed... I'm not 100%, but window's is saying its a Realtek High Definition Audio card, but which version? How do i find out?! - I've tried some of the realtek drivers from Multibeast, and some of the Voodoo ones - but nothing. The Voodoo kexts seem to have caused issues for me - it's displaying in system preferences, but if i click on it, it says 'Can't get registry-entry path', then 'wrong channels number 0..24', twice, then opens it's preference windows. Maybe i've installed too many of the audio kexts at once? I'm really not sure...

Anyway, sorry for the long message, and my 'N00bish-ness' - But any help would greatly be appreciated! :crazy:

My Specs (try not to laugh!)

IPIEL-LA3 Mother board
6GB DDR3
Intel Pentium Core Duo
2x500GB internal HDDs

Hello.

With sleep problem I can't help you because I have the same problem, but with audio, check the model in your motherboard specs and after that, check if you got it in Multibeast. I did it with my Gigabyte and now the sound works. Notice that you have 2 options, for installing kext with DSDT or without it. It depends on if you got a DSDT for your motherboard.
If your soundcard model is not in the list, you will have to try with the Voodoo.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Okay, so i've located my soundcard model Realtek ALC888S - They have this kext in multibeast, but without the S - and two versions - legacy and current. - I tried current, to no avail - could Voodoo be getting in the way, perhaps? I've tried deleting the voodoo kext from the extensions folder, but it still appears in system [FONT=HPSimplified, HPSimplified latin, Arial, sans-serif]preferences?

Thanks
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back