Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Kext Signature Validation Error code -67030 : RocketRaid 2320 on OS X 10.11.2

Current Issue:
I have been trying for quite some time to solve this on my own and now admit I need help. I have an old RocketRaid 2230 running a couple of arrays that I cannot get working.

Background on RocketRaid 2320 in Yosemite:
Although support was dropped for this hardware back in Mountain Lion, I had this was running all the way into Yosemite using info from the following link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6603070?tstart=0

The net-net of this thread was you needed to remove HighPointRR.kext version 4.3.3 and replace it with an older version 4.0.0 After doing this, the arrays appeared in Finder and operated normally.

My Failed Attempts:
1) Following logic that worked for Yosemite, I deleted the "shipped" version of the HighPointRR.ket (4.3.3) and replaced with older version (4.0.0) in L/E. I repaired the permissions for the bundle.

--Not working--

Upon checking About This Mac > System Report > Extensions , I see the HighPointRR kext is Not Loaded, Loadable: No, and reports Signature Validation Errors

170689-highgpointrr-kext-not-loaded.png

170695-highgpointrr-kext-not-loaded-cropped.png

So...

2) I updated SIP to loosen restrictions, particularly Kext signing, by configuring Clover Rt Variables CsrActiveConfig to 0x3

170683-clover-rtvariables-csractiveconfig.png

Verified: Kext Signing Disabled

170684-csrutil-status.png

--Still Not Working--

3) Having allowed Clover to choose the SMBIOS profile of Mac Mini 6,2 during inital install, which obviously could not accommodate an internal RAID card, I updated profile to MacPro 3,1

--Still Not Working--> reported the same in About This Mac > System Report > Extensions

4) I placed the 4.0.0 kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 (removing it from L/E) and configured Clover to Inject Kexts = Yes
170691-inject-kext-yes-cropped.png

--Still Not Working--> HighPointRR.kext now not showing at all in About This Mac > System Report > Extensions

I suspect this has to do with the Signature Validation Errors on the kext itself, but thought loosening SIP would allow it to be loaded. Any direction or advice is greatly appreciated!!!

System Information:

Board: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.0 running U1L (UEFI BIOS)
Processor: Core i3 3225
El Capitan Install method: Unibeast with Post Install tools for Legacy (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg) per the following
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

--

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the kext info from Yosemite.

170765-highpointrr-kext-yosemite.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Any luck? I got the card and I installed webgui driver and the drive shows up like 1TB disabled while it shows up as 8TB working properly in windows on the same machine.
Mac:
R271xMAC.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.49.15.png

Win:
R271xWIN.png

Where did you get the other kext versions? I would like to download and try them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back