Contribute
Register

Help Please!!! PCI Configuration Begin Error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL Precision T7500
CPU
2x X5650
Graphics
Quadro 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can't boot up the installer of Mac OS X Lion.

I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Nvidia Graphics.

It has a Core 2 Duo with Nvidia Quadro 135m

This is what happens when I try to boot up from the USB installer.
Photo Sep 23, 9 05 32 AM.jpg

I am on step 3. The Unibeast installer will not boot.

You may need to play with the bootflags a bit...

npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000

and/or

PCIRootUID=1

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I am having this same issue with my sandy bridge system that has never had any issue booting in the past. I am currently stuck on [PCI configuration begin]

gigabyte H61 USB3
GT 640
i5 2500k

I have tried all combinations of PCIRootUID=0/1 and npci=0x2000/0x3000. In the past all the system needed to boot was PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 (lion through mavericks). kext-dev-mode=1 and IGPEnabler=Yes both seem new to this round of MB. I have tried their revereses as well in the boot flags with no success. Would love love love some help here. I feel like I am really close, would much prefer to have yosemite on this system then reverting back to mavericks for the long run.

UPDATE:
ACPIPlatform rollback gets the status bar going, but I have to enter in npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 as flags. I thought that I would then add those to my kernal flags within the p-list but even when I do that I get a black screen with stuck status bar on the bottom left hand corner. I am adding the flags in the same string as the kext-dev-mode=1 is currently located. Also, I am not getting any sound even though I have added the ALC889 kext via MB. Going to keep working on this, but what a pain in the ass!!

Last edited:
I am having this same issue with my sandy bridge system that has never had any issue booting in the past. I am currently stuck on [PCI configuration begin]

gigabyte H61 USB3
GT 640
i5 2500k

I have tried all combinations of PCIRootUID=0/1 and npci=0x2000/0x3000. In the past all the system needed to boot was PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 (lion through mavericks). kext-dev-mode=1 and IGPEnabler=Yes both seem new to this round of MB. I have tried their revereses as well in the boot flags with no success. Would love love love some help here. I feel like I am really close, would much prefer to have yosemite on this system then reverting back to mavericks for the long run.

Thanks

This forum is for Lion laptop support only.

Desktop question should be posted in the appropriate desktop forum. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back