Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000 512mb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Hack Pro has been a great machine for the last year and all of a sudden it crashes on start up and in the scrambled code it says OS not set yet!!! This is my production machine, please help if you have any idea's! I am way in over my head! Lion 10.7

My Hack Pro has been a great machine for the last year and all of a sudden it crashes on start up and in the scrambled code it says OS not set yet!!! This is my production machine, please help if you have any idea's! I am way in over my head! Lion 10.7

The help that you get here is often proportional to the information that you provide.
Unfortunately you haven't offered very much.

Please add your system specs to your profile, it will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules.

Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

Thanks P1LGRIM for the response, it is much appreciated. I added the info i knew to my profile and hope it will help, if there is anything else you need please let me know. Since I posted this I have done much reading and believe i have to reinstall the whole system again from scratch, but i did connect the main drive via a usb external drive box into my old g4 laptop and was able to save all my data, nonetheless it looks like the whole system is stil there it just doesnt want to boot. I tried everything i could think of regarding bio's and boot in the tonymac boot menu also after the initial boot up andf still no luck. It keeps saying OS not set yet. I am having camera issues as my batteries are dead and i dont own a phone believe it or not but i will find a solution to get you a shot of my screen somehow sometime soon. Thx again

Ok i know its been a while but so goes my life...lol... i am still at the same point i was, here was my response to your post and i finally got a pic of my screen.

"Thanks P1LGRIM for the response, it is much appreciated. I added the info i knew to my profile and hope it will help, if there is anything else you need please let me know. Since I posted this I have done much reading and believe i have to reinstall the whole system again from scratch, but i did connect the main drive via a usb external drive box into my old g4 laptop and was able to save all my data, nonetheless it looks like the whole system is stil there it just doesnt want to boot. I tried everything i could think of regarding bio's and boot in the tonymac boot menu also after the initial boot up andf still no luck. It keeps saying OS not set yet. I am having camera issues as my batteries are dead and i dont own a phone believe it or not but i will find a solution to get you a shot of my screen somehow sometime soon. Thx again"

Any ideas? 2015-01-01-123959.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back