Contribute
Register

Help Please: Nearly perfect install... but some weird things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I just recently updated my system from High Sierra to Catalina, it was actually a smoother clean install than High Sierra was at the time.
But now I'm having a few small issues that I cannot seem to pinpoint and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at several of the other posts and tried several of the "fixes" but none seem to take.

1- Video quality in conference call apps like FaceTime, Zoom, etc. are extremely wonky. I get ungodly amounts of jitter, lag, and video delay. I run the apps on my MacBookPro from 2008 without issue sitting on the same desk, connected to the same network, so clearly its something software/hardware related on this Catalina build. Don't know if anyone else is having these kinds of issues.

2- Audio cuts out in and out frequently and I didn't have this problem when I was running High Sierra. I'm still using the same blend of LiLu/WEG etc. (updated of course) and when I'm trying to record audio using QT player for instance, it all goes pear shaped.

SOLVED with Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM3 Kext> 3- WiFi on my DW1830 works great. But the Bluetooth portion doesn't seem to be recognized. I tried the forum fixes and I can't seem to get a grasp on why it isn't taking the fix.

This same system runs Win10 on a different drive and works without any issue so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for how to address these issues. Nearly everything else works perfectly. Some other obvious little gripes here and there but nothing I can't work around.

Again, any and all thoughts are welcome and greatly appreciated.

System Build:
Intel i7 8700k
16Gb DDR4-3200 G.Skill Trident Z
ASUS 8Gb RX580
Crucial MX500 SSD
\Kexts\Other
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA
AirportBrcmFixup
AppleALC
AtherosE2200Ethernet
BrcmPatchRAM3
(with Data and BluetoothInjector)
HibernationFixup
IntelMausi
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SMCBatteryManager
SMCLightSensor
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
USBInjectAll
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen
\Drivers\UEFI
ApfsDriverLoader
AptioMemoryFix
AudioDxe
DataHubDxe
FSInject
VBoxHfs
VirtualSmc
Config.plist details
\ACPI\
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
GFX0 to IGPU
\Boot\
dart=0
nv_disable=1
XMBDetection=Yes - 1
NeverHibernate on
NeverDoRecovery on
\Devices\
AddClockID on
FixOwnership on
Audio Inject 1
ResetHDA on
\Kernel and Kext Patches\
KernalPM on
AppleRTC on
AppleIntelCPUPM on
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Attachments

• System Info.jpg
    System Info.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
So, I just recently updated my system from High Sierra to Catalina, it was actually a smoother clean install than High Sierra was at the time.
But now I'm having a few small issues that I cannot seem to pinpoint and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at several of the other posts and tried several of the "fixes" but none seem to take.

1- WiFi on my DW1830 works great. But the Bluetooth portion doesn't seem to be recognized. I tried the forum fixes and I can't seem to get a grasp on why it isn't taking the fix.

2- Video quality in conference call apps like FaceTime, Zoom, etc. are extremely wonky. I get ungodly amounts of jitter, lag, and video delay. I run the apps on my MacBookPro from 2008 without issue sitting on the same desk, connected to the same network, so clearly its something software/hardware related on this Catalina build. Don't know if anyone else is having these kinds of issues.

3- Audio cuts out in and out frequently and I didn't have this problem when I was running High Sierra. I'm still using the same blend of LiLu/WEG etc. (updated of course) and when I'm trying to record audio using QT player for instance, it all goes pear shaped.

This same system runs Win10 on a different drive and works without any issue so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for how to address these issues. Nearly everything else works perfectly. Some other obvious little gripes here and there but nothing I can't work around.

Again, any and all thoughts are welcome and greatly appreciated.

System Build:
Intel i7 8700k
16Gb DDR4-3200 G.Skill Trident Z
ASUS 8Gb RX580
Crucial MX500 SSD
\Kexts\Other
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA
AirportBrcmFixup
AppleALC
AtherosE2200Ethernet
HibernationFixup
IntelMausi
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SMCBatteryManager
SMCLightSensor
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
USBInjectAll
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen
\Drivers\UEFI
ApfsDriverLoader
AptioMemoryFix
AudioDxe
DataHubDxe
FSInject
VBoxHfs
VirtualSmc
Config.plist details
\ACPI\
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
GFX0 to IGPU
\Boot\
dart=0
nv_disable=1
XMBDetection=Yes - 1
NeverHibernate on
NeverDoRecovery on
Debug on
\Devices\
AddClockID on
FixOwnership on
Audio Inject 1
ResetHDA on
\Kernel and Kext Patches\
KernalPM on
AppleRTC on
AppleIntelCPUPM on
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Hi there. Here are my thoughts ...

1) Kexts -

AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA. -- Unlikely you need this, but YMMV

AirportBrcmFixup

AppleALC

AtherosE2200Ethernet -- Don't think you have Atheros Ethernet. It's Intel.

HibernationFixup

IntelMausi -- This OR the one below. Not both.

IntelMausiEthernet. -- This OR the one above. Not both.

Lilu

RealtekRTL8111

SMCBatteryManager. -- Laptop???

SMCLightSensor. -- Laptop???

SMCProcessor

SMCSuperIO. -- Nonono

USBInjectAll

VirtualSMC

WhateverGreen

2) As for your config.plist having debug set to 'on' will make boot-up very slow.

As I said at the start, your hardware on it's own should not give you the problems. Try cleaning-up as I list above and then re-check.

:)

Hi there. Here are my thoughts ...
1) Kexts -
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA. -- Unlikely you need this, but YMMV
AirportBrcmFixup
AppleALC
AtherosE2200Ethernet -- Don't think you have Atheros Ethernet. It's Intel.
HibernationFixup
IntelMausi -- This OR the one below. Not both.
IntelMausiEthernet. -- This OR the one above. Not both.
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SMCBatteryManager. -- Laptop???
SMCLightSensor. -- Laptop???
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO. -- Nonono
USBInjectAll
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen
2) As for your config.plist having debug set to 'on' will make boot-up very slow.
As I said at the start, your hardware on it's own should not give you the problems. Try cleaning-up as I list above and then re-check.
:)

Thanks for the thoughts! I'll try the things and report back. If nothing else, a little cleanup never hurts.
Yeah the SMCBattery/Light, I'm not sure where that came from to be honest. I think it was from something in CloverConfigurator.
Generic_SATA I thought was for a Hybrid SATA Drive I have plugged in.
Will turn off the Mausi/Atheros/SuperIO as well.

Okay, so... It's quicker to boot, that's for sure. And everything still works as before. However look at these GB5 scores. Do they look weird to you for the hardware? I'm really curious if whatever is causing this drop in performance might be related to the issues I'm having.

Attachments

• GB5 i7-8700K.png
    GB5 i7-8700K.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 56
  • GB5 Metal RX580 8GB.png
    GB5 Metal RX580 8GB.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 52
  • GB5 OpenCL RX580 8GB.png
    GB5 OpenCL RX580 8GB.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.