Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-170 Pro
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Hi, I have to the best of my ability attempted to successfully install Mac OS Sierra onto my custom built computer and it seemed to go well at first however I am relatively inexperienced and I am probably in over my head but this is something I would very much like to learn and get right so I am wondering if I could post my issues here and hopefully get some help if that would be okay? Thank you.

Note: I am relatively new to this website and I have tried to use the forums correctly so I apologise in advance if I have gone wrong with regards to this.

Issue 1: No Sound/Audio
Simply put, when I attempt to watch a video of any sort or have some music on or anything of that nature there is no sound whatsoever. At thetop of the screen where the volume button (on-screen) is, it is greyed out and it shows the same icon as when the volume is at its lowest. I attempted to increase the volume here however the slider doesn't seem to move when I try to drag of click elsewhere on the line.

Issue 2: GPU is Not Recognised
My GPU isn't registering and I am unsure what to do about it. I tried installing web drivers but it gave me an error. Everytime I turn my computer on and load into Mac OS Sierra, it opens an Nvidia Window in which is tells me there is "No GPU Detected".

Note: I think that both of these issues will be resolved at the same time due to the fact that on my computer I am getting my audio from a television through my GPU via an HDMI cable but I don't actually know. Thank you in advance.

Less Important Issues:

• Upon loading up my computer and choosing which user I want, I have a grey background rather than the more colourful (albeit) blurred background on my iMac, I am not sure how to fix this.
  • When turning on my computer and signing in, my computer screen (which is at the time of writing a Samsung Television with a native resolution of 1366x768 and a model "code" of: 'UE32EH4000WXXU'.
  • Logic Pro X as downloaded from the App Store doesn't seem to be allowing me to select MIDI instruments, this is a shame as I like to compose music with these from time to time. Finally, Logic's time bar doesn't move across the screen unless I hover my mouse over it and even then only the part of the bar I put my mouse over moves meaning it endsup being split and then still frozen.
Computer Information:
  • I am running both Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 on this computer and I have not had any of the above issues with Windows despite them using the same hardware.
  • My CPU is a Core i7 6700k
  • My GPU is a GTX 970 by MSI
  • I have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD wthat as 7200RPM and is 3.5" in physical size. This is running Windows 10.
  • I have Samsung Evo 1TB SSD for Mac OS Sierra, it is 2.5" in physical size.
  • I have an Aerocool MOD XT 750W Modular Power Supply It is 80+ Bronze certified.
  • I have 16GB of DDR4 RAM
  • I have a Noctua NH-US12 CPU Cooler
  • My Motherobard is the Asus Z170 Pro Motherboard (Socket 1151, z170, DDR4, S-ATA 600, ATX, SupremeFX, Sonic Radar II)
  • I have my computer in an Aerocool Aero 500 Gaming Case With Window and Card Reader - Black
I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance.

Hi, I have to the best of my ability attempted to successfully install Mac OS Sierra onto my custom built computer and it seemed to go well at first however I am relatively inexperienced and I am probably in over my head but this is something I would very much like to learn and get right so I am wondering if I could post my issues here and hopefully get some help if that would be okay? Thank you.

Note: I am relatively new to this website and I have tried to use the forums correctly so I apologise in advance if I have gone wrong with regards to this.

Issue 1: No Sound/Audio
Simply put, when I attempt to watch a video of any sort or have some music on or anything of that nature there is no sound whatsoever. At thetop of the screen where the volume button (on-screen) is, it is greyed out and it shows the same icon as when the volume is at its lowest. I attempted to increase the volume here however the slider doesn't seem to move when I try to drag of click elsewhere on the line.

Issue 2: GPU is Not Recognised
My GPU isn't registering and I am unsure what to do about it. I tried installing web drivers but it gave me an error. Everytime I turn my computer on and load into Mac OS Sierra, it opens an Nvidia Window in which is tells me there is "No GPU Detected".

Note: I think that both of these issues will be resolved at the same time due to the fact that on my computer I am getting my audio from a television through my GPU via an HDMI cable but I don't actually know. Thank you in advance.

Less Important Issues:

• Upon loading up my computer and choosing which user I want, I have a grey background rather than the more colourful (albeit) blurred background on my iMac, I am not sure how to fix this.
  • When turning on my computer and signing in, my computer screen (which is at the time of writing a Samsung Television with a native resolution of 1366x768 and a model "code" of: 'UE32EH4000WXXU'.
  • Logic Pro X as downloaded from the App Store doesn't seem to be allowing me to select MIDI instruments, this is a shame as I like to compose music with these from time to time. Finally, Logic's time bar doesn't move across the screen unless I hover my mouse over it and even then only the part of the bar I put my mouse over moves meaning it endsup being split and then still frozen.
Computer Information:
  • I am running both Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 on this computer and I have not had any of the above issues with Windows despite them using the same hardware.
  • My CPU is a Core i7 6700k
  • My GPU is a GTX 970 by MSI
  • I have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD wthat as 7200RPM and is 3.5" in physical size. This is running Windows 10.
  • I have Samsung Evo 1TB SSD for Mac OS Sierra, it is 2.5" in physical size.
  • I have an Aerocool MOD XT 750W Modular Power Supply It is 80+ Bronze certified.
  • I have 16GB of DDR4 RAM
  • I have a Noctua NH-US12 CPU Cooler
  • My Motherobard is the Asus Z170 Pro Motherboard (Socket 1151, z170, DDR4, S-ATA 600, ATX, SupremeFX, Sonic Radar II)
  • I have my computer in an Aerocool Aero 500 Gaming Case With Window and Card Reader - Black
I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance.
audio:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/

you can install multibeast to set that up (ALC1150), then your Logic may work

graphics:

read post 1:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
about enabling nvidia (new way for Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back