Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] Help Patching DSDT for Brightness

Hey all,

I extracted my DSDT through linux and it compiles after one "bug fix" patch, but when I apply the brightness patches (after the GPU rename-er of course) I cannot get it compile afterwards.

I see comments about adding in values for BAR, but how do I find said values without windows?

Attached is my Unedited DSDT: View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Some of the output in order:

The errors only occur after applying the "Haswell" fix.

Code:
8299, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0 (fixed with first patch)
61, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
13222, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)
13284, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^PCI0.IGPU._DOS)

Hi,koalaman,you also should post your all original ssdts,just because the graphic is inside one of ssdts.
you can:
1. Just patch the ssdt with a Device (GFX0).
2. Or you can remove it to dsdt,then,patch it.

Hi,koalaman,you also should post your all original ssdts,just because the graphic is inside one of ssdts.
you can:
1. Just patch the ssdt with a Device (GFX0).
2. Or you can remove it to dsdt,then,patch it.

Thank you for the response! Here is my SSDT: View attachment ssdt.aml.zip

I'm afraid I don't quite follow you. Do you mean apply the same patches to the SSDT?

Hi,I mean there are a Device (GFX0) in one of original ssdts. And the patch is just for this Device code.

And the ssdt you posted is not original one.

I mean original ssdts are witch extracted in linux.

There are always several ssdts,and graphic code(Device (GFX0)) just in one of them.

So,you should post your original ssdts.:)

Oh alright. I'll have to get those tomorrow then (it's 1am and I don't have a liveusb handy). Thanks for your help and I hope to hear from you later!

Oh alright. I'll have to get those tomorrow then (it's 1am and I don't have a liveusb handy). Thanks for your help and I hope to hear from you later!
Okay,good night.
:)

I'm also interested in getting Battery Status working if you could help me with that.

I'm also interested in getting Battery Status working if you could help me with that.
Firstly,I remove the Device (GFX0) code to the DSDT,and rename it to Device (IGPU),then patch it.

Now,the .dsl file has no errors. And if you want to modify DSDT,just please use the .dsl file. Never open the .aml file use software.

I mean,you can use the .dsl file to modify. When .dsl has no errors,then compile it to .aml file.View attachment DSDT_With_Brightness.zip

Secondly,about battery statue,you can just try install the Rehabman's kext.Someone just install the kext without modify DSDT,then they also work fine with battery.

So,try this kext https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

Firstly,I remove the Device (GFX0) code to the DSDT,and rename it to Device (IGPU),then patch it.

Now,the .dsl file has no errors. And if you want to modify DSDT,just please use the .dsl file. Never open the .aml file use software.

I mean,you can use the .dsl file to modify. When .dsl has no errors,then compile it to .aml file.View attachment 87434

Secondly,about battery statue,you can just try install the Rehabman's kext.Someone just install the kext without modify DSDT,then they also work fine with battery.

So,try this kext https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

Thank you so much! It works flawlessly! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back