Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I tried to follow the main guide to upgrading to high sierra. I downloaded it from the app store, updated clover to the latest, copied the apfs.efi into the correct folder using efi mounter. Ran the upgrade, computer restarted, everything seemed to go fine, upon restart now nothing shows under clover except my windows drive which is a separate physical drive that my macOS.

Any suggestions?

If clover can't see your High Sierra drive at all, the most likely culprit is that your drive was converted to APFS but your apfs.efi is out of date or not in the right place. Are you sure you have the latest version? You can pull the file from the installer, or if you can access the file system of your High Sierra install, it's at /usr/standalone/i386. Get Info on mine shows 560,952 bytes, created 9/9/2017.

If you're sure you have the latest, then make sure you understand where you're booting clover from (the EFI of a USB stick? the EFI of your main drive? somewhere else?) (this is the drive the BIOS is booting to, use F12 to override) (I assume you're booting UEFI mode not legacy mode) In EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI is where apfs.efi should be, assuming you're on recent hardware and running in UEFI mode.

Update your profile with your hardware specs and upload your EFI folder (remove themes, tools and doc from zip).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back