Contribute
Register

Help On Install - Getting Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this same kernel panic myself back at the end of February using the new OS X 10.9.2 downloaded from the MAS. I was lucky as although I did a check on line and found nothing I had a second installation that I was able to boot into. This let me run MultiBeast and aim the MB installation at the newly problematic installation. I had no problem after that and the installation still works fine - no problems at all and certainly no kernel panics.

I assume that you will not have a second drive to hand which you will be able to do this with. Here is what is known about this problem and how we know of getting around the issue.

Thanks to TonyMac for the following information:

The Problem:
Kernel panic on first USB boot to OS X installer using UniBeast + OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks. Prevents boot. This bug is most prevalent on Haswell systems using 1600Mhz RAM 9-9-9-24 1.50v. 10.9.2

Error message:
a freed zone has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef and found 0xdeadbeef....
and/or
removeSymbol com.jetico.kext.

Solution 1:
Remove all but 1 RAM module for the entire installation process. When the install is done, you can put all of the other modules back. Re-install the rest of the RAM after you have used MultiBeast.

Solution 2:
Use a bootflag to get to installer without kernel panic:

For motherboards with 16GB (8GB + 8GB)

Code:

maxmem=8192

For motherboards with 8GB (4GB + 4GB)

Code:

maxmem=4096

For motherboards with 4GB (2GB+2GB)

Code:
maxmem=2048

Hope this helps- it is new in 10.9.2, and may or may not be fixed in later versions of OS X.

Good Luck -please post back feedback on your findings.:thumbup:

Adrian B

I have used Maxmem=8192 but still getting kernel panic help me with this out pls

What hardware are you attempting to install Mavericks on?

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back