i5-4300M
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I successfully installed os x 10.9.3 a few weeks ago. Everything was smooth. But started this week, there's weird issue on the front case fan.(The one behind the vent, not CPU fan)

After boots up, everything looks normal. But only after I login to the os x, the front fan just goes nuts to a very high RPM. quite annoying. The cpu temperature is fine. It's less than 40 degree. GPU is around 45.

I'm using unibeast to boot. Installed nvidia web driver. Everything else is from multibeast.
syslog does not show any abnormal error.

HW specs are:
Xeon 1240v3, nvidia quadro k600, 16G RAM. Lenovo ThinkStation E32 chassis.

So if anyone could give me a direction, that what part may cause this issue?
Thanks

what part may cause this issue?

What parts do you have ?

Please read the Rules and add your system specs to your profile/sig - It will make it easier for others to help you.

Thanks in anticipation

What parts do you have ?

Please read the Rules and add your system specs to your profile/sig - It will make it easier for others to help you.

Thanks in anticipation
Thanks. added.

Fixed.
For anyone may get into this problem:

Checkout if same issue in safe mode. If not, get loaded kext to a file.
Then boot into normal mode, and output the kextstat to another file.
Diff these two file, find the suspicious kext.

This diff size down two less than 20 kext, and I suspect it's because of the nvram kext. Removed, reboot, and the world gets back to quiet.

Hi,
I successfully installed os x 10.9.3 a few weeks ago. Everything was smooth. But started this week, there's weird issue on the front case fan.(The one behind the vent, not CPU fan)

After boots up, everything looks normal. But only after I login to the os x, the front fan just goes nuts to a very high RPM. quite annoying. The cpu temperature is fine. It's less than 40 degree. GPU is around 45.

I'm using unibeast to boot. Installed nvidia web driver. Everything else is from multibeast.
syslog does not show any abnormal error.

HW specs are:
Xeon 1240v3, nvidia quadro k600, 16G RAM. Lenovo ThinkStation E32 chassis.

So if anyone could give me a direction, that what part may cause this issue?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back