GA Z97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have a H87M-HD3, with a Haswell 4570, Samsung EVO840 SSD and 2x4Gb Kingston memory cards (1333MHz). I'm using a wireless card whose profile the System Info app says is Atheros AR9285 (device ID 002b), the rest is onboard.

I've installed Mavericks on it using UniBeast, but when I get to post-instalation I start having problems. The system loads and works, but I can't manage to get sound nor network working on it. When I go to system preferences there isn't even a wireless card for me to try to fix and there is no audio device either.

I'm really not sure what to choose in Multibeast, so maybe that's where I did mistakes, but I've looked it up everywhere, tried a number of options and had no luck. Could you please help me out with this? Where do I find the KEXTs for it or am I supposed to get along with what's in Multibeast only? In this case, how do I know which options to choose?

Thanks a lot.
FMB

(I had posted it as a reply to a thread closely related to what I am in need of, but maybe I should have opened a new thread, so here it is)

If you can stably boot from the SSD then you have already done the hard part. Ergo get that to work first and unplug Unibeast. Many forget to make sure Multibeast is set to automatically insert the correct flags. Don't forget to point the UEFI/BIOS to the correct drive.

Make a Time Machine backup at every successful step as it is easier to restore than reinstall. You should not need Unibeast unless you have to restore from Time Machine or reinstall the boot loader after installing Windows (the latter should be avoided if Windows is on a separate drive).

One must know the audio and wired ethernet devices on the motherboard. Install the components individually via Multibeast.

Gigabyte audio (Realtek ALC887 codec?) works quite well if you choose the correct settings in multi beast and reboot.
I believe your motherboard uses Realtek for wired networking which is supported in Muitibeast as well.
If you drill down in the Multibeast settings it should all work but may take a few tries, one thing at a time.
I recommend getting networking to work then audio (some forget you have to reboot after every step).
Some peripherals may not be worth obsessing over (e.g. USB 3 for some). It is very important to make sure Trim is working if you use an SSD.

Then make a Time Machine backup before doing anything else: it is easier to restore than reinstall.

If you are going this route rather than using the middling notebook level parts throttled for heat that Apple uses, and supports, some people seem to forget how far off the reservation they are and some experimentation and compromise are inevitable.

Hi

I have a H87M-HD3, with a Haswell 4570, Samsung EVO840 SSD and 2x4Gb Kingston memory cards (1333MHz). I'm using a wireless card whose profile the System Info app says is Atheros AR9285 (device ID 002b), the rest is onboard.

I've installed Mavericks on it using UniBeast, but when I get to post-instalation I start having problems. The system loads and works, but I can't manage to get sound nor network working on it. When I go to system preferences there isn't even a wireless card for me to try to fix and there is no audio device either.

I'm really not sure what to choose in Multibeast, so maybe that's where I did mistakes, but I've looked it up everywhere, tried a number of options and had no luck. Could you please help me out with this? Where do I find the KEXTs for it or am I supposed to get along with what's in Multibeast only? In this case, how do I know which options to choose?

Thanks a lot.
FMB

(I had posted it as a reply to a thread closely related to what I am in need of, but maybe I should have opened a new thread, so here it is)

Hey, the problems you encountered actually are quite common.
I don't have a WIFI card inside my Hackintosh, my suggestion is use cable 1st, then see whether you can connect to internet.
The other thing you need to do is go to your motherboard manufacturer's website. Check the spec of your motherboard. It will tell you that your audio is what kind.
I think the problems you have is very easy to solve. Don't worry!
Good Luck!

P.S.: here is my setting. I am using Gigabyte-H87-D3H motherboard. I don't think you should copy my settings, but it is just a reference for you. Hope it can help you!

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 6.33.49 pm.png

Thank you for your replies, bmoag and mrchow19910319.

I've looked at the mobo's manufacturer site and checked the specs, but the difficulty I'm finding is choosing which driver in multibeast goes well with my hardware, since I can't find a direct correspondent to some of them. Besides, there are all those options about graphics=yes or no and the like about which I don't know what to do.

Could you please point where I can find info on all of this? Or the normal procedure is trial and error in multibeast?

Again, thank you very much for your help!

FMB

Thank you for your replies, bmoag and mrchow19910319.

I've looked at the mobo's manufacturer site and checked the specs, but the difficulty I'm finding is choosing which driver in multibeast goes well with my hardware, since I can't find a direct correspondent to some of them. Besides, there are all those options about graphics=yes or no and the like about which I don't know what to do.

Could you please point where I can find info on all of this? Or the normal procedure is trial and error in multibeast?

Again, thank you very much for your help!

FMB

Bmoag is right. You got to try out bit by bit. Again, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back