Motherboard
Dell E6230
CPU
i7 3GHz i7
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
As anyone had any trouble exporting video from imovie to idvd or just exporting in general. Mine locks up all the time. Its kind of useless. When I say lock, I mean the whole screen freezes. I cannot do anything except press and hold the power button. The app works fine. It imports, makes the movie, all works except for the final product. I have done exactly as stated in iboot+multibeast with dsdt. I don't know too much behind the scenes. Is this expected or is there something wrong I should look for. Also when you try to multitask its kind of sluggish.

carl said:
As anyone had any trouble exporting video from imovie to idvd or just exporting in general. Mine locks up all the time. Its kind of useless. When I say lock, I mean the whole screen freezes. I cannot do anything except press and hold the power button. The app works fine. It imports, makes the movie, all works except for the final product. I have done exactly as stated in iboot+multibeast with dsdt. I don't know too much behind the scenes. Is this expected or is there something wrong I should look for. Also when you try to multitask its kind of sluggish.
Did you do extensive memory testing when you built your rig? You could have bad or flaky RAM.

i ran memtest, and gave no errors. I just read online that ilife may have trouble running in 64bit? how do i switch to 32 bit kernel and see if it helps.

carl said:
i ran memtest, and gave no errors. I just read online that ilife may have trouble running in 64bit? how do i switch to 32 bit kernel and see if it helps.
I have had RAM pass memtest and then fail during prime95 stress test.

Hi macman and thanks for your help so far. where can I get prime95 utility from. I don't know where else to find a solution. I have some old kids movie encoded from when i had an imac. That blew up right at 4 years. $1800 down the drain. So the idea of building a rig and finishing the jobs and not spending a fortune again was appealing. So I followed tonymac exact guide with exact board and all. All is good till I export..crashes all the time..

just an update, I've swapped ram, pulled one, ran with one swap same thing. I'm thinking its a system issue. The apps run fine its the export that is a problem. Also now I see on imports as well. Sometimes I get quit unexpected with a bunch of code. Sometimes I get you need to press the power button in several languages prompt but alway freeze during export. Tonymac or macman you have no issue exporting video in imovie or quicktime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back