Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dddd
CPU
dddd
Graphics
dddd
Hi there.
I'm asking here as I didn't find anything that could help me here or anywhere else.
If I enable Webdrivers (with nvda_drv=1) my lock screen would appear for a second , then turn into a black screen with my mouse , which I can move , then the mouse would disappear , and let place to a loading dial , then back to the lock screen , this repeats until I force reset my PC.
after a bit of tinkering I found out my GPU is detected as "Nvidia chip model 3mo" , which makes no sens to me (where is the rest of my 6gbs , OSX ?)
Here's my config :
motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (from PNY , XLR8 version)
CPU : i5-4690K
(Faking an iMac 15,2 right now)

I installed High Sierra with unibeast then used Multibeast for the post install.
I checked my settings with the Clover configurator , all my settings seems to be in order.
I'm using Nvidia's latest drivers on the latest version of High Sierra , which installed without any errors. (CUDA drivers are also installed , but they make no difference if they're there or not , I tried VRAM emulation , it doesn't seem to work either , maybe I missed something)
I left a copy of my EFI folder attached to this post just incase it could be useful.
I really hope I get some help , I've been awake all night long trying to get it to work , and it's been already more than a week before I managed to get OSX installed properly :(
Thanks in advance!
PS : it's my first time creating a hackintosh , and this is the very last obstacle before I have a fully working hackintosh (PSS: why is my DVD drive getting access all the time ? I hear it move slightly every couple of minutes)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 131
If I enable Webdrivers (with nvda_drv=1)

nvda_drv=1 does not "enable the web drivers".

Dependencies :
1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. Do not Inject Nvidia in config.plist.
6. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
7. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
8. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

nvda_drv=1 does not "enable the web drivers".

Dependencies :
1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. Do not Inject Nvidia in config.plist.
6. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
7. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
8. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.
Sorry for the late awnser but I had to get some sleep first. Here are my results :
1. tried both NativeNVRAM and emulation (through multibeast) glitch still occurs , GPU still detected as "NVIDIA Chip Model 3 Mo"
2. I'm on 10.13.6
3. I used the latest drivers , last time I checked they were for my OS build , and I didn't need to patch anything to get them installed
4. without nv_disable 1 the glitch occurs
5. I never injected Nvidia in config.plist
6.NvidiaWeb is in "true" tags , but theres no =true on it
7.SIP is fully disabled with CsrActiveConfig=0x67
8.WhateverGreen and Lilu are both installed

Sorry for the late awnser but I had to get some sleep first. Here are my results :
1. tried both NativeNVRAM and emulation (through multibeast) glitch still occurs , GPU still detected as "NVIDIA Chip Model 3 Mo"
2. I'm on 10.13.6
3. I used the latest drivers , last time I checked they were for my OS build , and I didn't need to patch anything to get them installed
4. without nv_disable 1 the glitch occurs
5. I never injected Nvidia in config.plist
6.NvidiaWeb is in "true" tags , but theres no =true on it
7.SIP is fully disabled with CsrActiveConfig=0x67
8.WhateverGreen and Lilu are both installed

Hi there. Looking at your config.plist here:

1) As @P1LGRIM says, check your NVRAM is working by using the Terminal script he links to.

2) In Clover Configurator - Graphics tab, un-tick the "Load VBios" option. Not needed

3) Remove Boot command-line "nv_disable=1". This is used to bypass NVidia drivers.

4) Have you installed Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in your Drive: Library/Extensions folder, or somewhere else? They are not in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Check your 10.13.6 build number (e.g: with the latest security patches it will be - 17G8030) then ensure you use the correct NVIdia web-drivers. They are listed in our Downloads section.

:)

Hi there. Looking at your config.plist here:

1) As @P1LGRIM says, check your NVRAM is working by using the Terminal script he links to.

2) In Clover Configurator - Graphics tab, un-tick the "Load VBios" option. Not needed

3) Remove Boot command-line "nv_disable=1". This is used to bypass NVidia drivers.

4) Have you installed Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in your Drive: Library/Extensions folder, or somewhere else? They are not in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Check your 10.13.6 build number (e.g: with the latest security patches it will be - 17G8030) then ensure you use the correct NVIdia web-drivers. They are listed in our Downloads section.

I've done all of that already , I'm quitting. I've searched about it , and it seems that there's no way around this problem unless we somehow get 3D acceleration to work on Mojave (my card got detected under Mojave and drivers works but there's no 3D acceleration , or window compositing)

I guess I'm stuck switching back and forth from linux distrohopping to windows cancer forever.:(

I've done all of that already , I'm quitting. I've searched about it , and it seems that there's no way around this problem unless we somehow get 3D acceleration to work on Mojave (my card got detected under Mojave and drivers works but there's no 3D acceleration , or window compositing)

I guess I'm stuck switching back and forth from linux distrohopping to windows cancer forever.:(

Sorry, I misunderstood.

In the forums here we do our best to try and help people get their Hackintoshes working properly. We can usually get around most problems - but not Nvidia web-drivers working with Mojave, that just won't work. However, if you no-longer wish to install High Sierra, that's fine. Best wishes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back