I'm trying to install Yosemite using Clover. My setup is as follows:

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
i7-4770K
EVGA GeForce GTX 760
Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Corsair H100i
256GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro (Yosemite)
128GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro (Windows 7)

I have read that CSM is supposed to be disabled and Secure Booting set to "Other OS"

I have a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH board with the latest motherboard bios “F4” but I’m not able to disable CSM, however I'm able to change secure booting to Other OS. The CSM setting on my motherboard can either be set to, “Always” or “Never” The following is what happens:

If "Other OS" is selected, CSM is greyed out and set to “Always”, if secure booting is set to "Windows 8", I can change CSM to “Never”. I have tried setting secure booting to Windows 8; saving and rebooting, changing CSM to “Never”; saving and rebooting, then changing "Secure Booting" back to Other OS; saving and rebooting, but it keeps reverting back to “Always”.

I checked out the manual, which states the following:

“CSM Support
Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process. Always Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)
Never Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.

This item is configurable only when Windows 8 Features is set to Windows 8.”

Any ideas on what to do?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bumping this to hopefully get a response.

Anyone?

In my case (Z77X-UD5H), the system can only be booted without CSM if the graphic adapter being used to boot the system has UEFI GOP support. IF it is not the case, BIOS will automatically revert to "Always CSM".

I don't know if that happens in recent boards. Hope it helps!

Or you can use AmiBCP tool to permanently change the bios failsafe and default settings to whatever you want. You'll have to reflash the bios though..

Hi , TRUE SOLUTION FOUND

I had the same issue on my GA-Z97-D3H with a SAPPHIRE ATI R9 290 graphic card, and I found the solution.

Some graphic cards manufacturers use a switcher to activate turbo mode or overclocking mode, and others like Sapphire use it to activate full UEFI mode.
The motherboard automatically returns to CSM support mode because you have not pressed physically the button on the graphic card to enable UEFI support. You have to look for on the graphic card, the UEFI button place varies for each manufacturer and for each reference. Moreover you have to check if your graphic card is UEFI compatible or not, because it is not the case for all graphic cards but it is needed to boot Windows in UEFI mode, otherwise you can not boot Windows in true UEFI mode.
Some graphic cards are out of box in BIOS mode and you have to activate yourself the UEFI mode on it.
After pressing physically the UEFI button you can change the CSM support mode to disabled and at the same time reenable the intel HD graphics (IGFX), all settings will be recorded this time by the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back