Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, i've tried everything I can think of, and now I am asking for some help. I cannot get the ALC888 codec working with my setup. I've tried quite a few things, but before I get into that, I'm running a Gateway DX4820-05h. It's got a Acer M5800/M3800 Mobo in it, with an integrated Realtec888 sound card. It shows up and works nicely in windows 7, but will only work with the Voodoo codec from multibeast on the Mac side. What I've tried so far is the ALC888 coded from multibeast, and no go there, even just installing certain elements of it that I've read from other posts. I tried doing the sound card dump in Linux, then patching, thought I'd get some luck there, nope. I will include the dump if anyone could look at it. I've tried many different HDA patches posted throughout the net, and no luck. :( I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out my self with the help of google, but I've hit a snag with this one. The closest I've gotten so far is that in System Profiler, it will show "Audio ID:888" and that's it. Nothing to select in sound in the system options either. So any help that I can get would be great!!

Thanks,

Matt

I cant get Vodo to work, how did you make it happen. my videocard is a geforce gt 220... that is all I need to have it working pefectly... please help

I'm experiencing the very same problem with my computer, which also uses ALC888.
Even tried the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler althoguh my DSDT IS patched, but not working.
In my case, even VoodooHDA won't work - all it causes is a white noise through the speakers.

Any way that the ALC8xx is a bit buggy with ALC888?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back