Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the Boot Cd Method and have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 running. Everything seems to be working other then sound and maybe sleep but I want to fix Sound first. I thought that sound would just work following that guide but I guess not. Do I need to add some kext files or something?

First, update your UD2 to the latest bios. If you used the standard files in the tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip, you should have sound in 10.6.2. You can also use my updated DSDT in tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES for sleep. Read the DSDT posts on the board to see what to change from the stock files. ;)

Updated Bios and then i did step 12
Open tonymacx86-snowleopard.
Drag AppleHDA.kext from System – Library – Extensions into Kext Helper b7.
Type your password and click EASY INSTALL.
Close Kext Helper b7.
Open Snow Leopard drive.
Drag /Extra/Extensions folder onto Kext Utility application.
Drag /System/Library/Extensions folder onto Kext Utility application.
Open Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Highlight Snow Leopard in the left column.
Click Repair Permissions.
Restart computer.

Still no audio. Probably going to do a reinstall and see if that fixes it

Did you put the /Extra folder with DSDT to the root of your drive? It has the LegacyHDA.kext that you will need to enable audio. Also, you will not need the 10.6.1 AppleHDA if you're on the latest bios. Also, make sure you have the updated tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip

Public/tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip

Then check in the System Preferences / Sound pane to select your output.

That is, unless you already reinstalled and it worked! :D

Reinstalled sound worked before I did the combo update. After Combo update i rebooted and no sound.

When I open my snow leopard drive there is Extra folder in there and it has the extensions folder with the legacyhda_ALC88.kext and others in it and there are other files and I see one file called DSDT.aml.

I downloaded the tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip you pointed me to. then i copied the dsdt file into snow leopard but when i tried to drag the extra folder in it said i didn't have permissions.

Any idea what I should try now. Like I said before Sound worked before i did the combo update.

upgraded to the f7 bios and sound works. Thanks for the help. Now do I still need to fix the sleep problem or did the bios update fix that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back