Contribute
Register

Help: No audio after restarting from MultiBeast 5.0.2 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update:

Rebooted without UseKernelCache=No bootflag : No audio

Re-enabled HDMI codec in BIOS, booted with UseKernelCache=No bootflag: Working audio

I've got audio now after disabling HDMI codec in BIOS and using the bootflags UseKernelCache=No -v

Here's the IOReg with screen shots of verbose messages if it helps

Funny thing is before MultiBeast installation IORegistryExplorer show's Vincent's Macbook Pro in the title but after first MultiBeast installation (EasyBeast before audio driver), it shows Unknown. Has that got anything to do with this or it's another issue altogether?
It appears the problem is the HDMI audio codec setting in the BIOS. That is new information. Run KextBeast or Kext Utility for permissions and cache and restart normally (no boot flags). Regarding Unknown, that appears to be a new Mountain Lion feature. I've seen it several times. Reenter your system name in System Preferences/Sharing.

Sorry for being long-winded, just to make sure you didn't miss post #31. Is it still a HDMI codec issue even audio works with it enabled and UseKernelCache=No?

By the way, first time using KextBeast, do I go ahead with the installation without any kext on Desktop to repair permission and rebuild cache?

Sorry for being long-winded, just to make sure you didn't miss post #31. Is it still a HDMI codec issue even audio works with it enabled and UseKernelCache=No?

By the way, first time using KextBeast, do I go ahead with the installation without any kext on Desktop to repair permission and rebuild cache?
HDMI codecs, I don't know. You have to run controlled experiments. The objective is audio with kernelcache=yes. So far, it looks like you have audio with HDMI cosecs enabled and kernelcache=no. Set up a set of 2 x experiments. 2 x (2 by) is one parameter tested at a time (yes or no, on or off, etc.).

Double click on KextBeast. Make sure you have no kexts on the desktop.

This is not normal system behavior. Run all the experiments needed to get to reliable audio. Test the conclusion on a fresh install.

Ran KextBeast installation without any kext, rebooted without any flags, no audio

Attached with IOReg and DSDT if you need it.

Anyway, to sum up experiments so far:

1. HDMI codec enabled + UseKernelCache=Yes (default) : no audio

2. HDMI codec disabled + UseKernelCache=No (as you requested in post #29): working audio

3. HDMI codec disabled + UseKernelCache=Yes (forgot to add bootflag on boot): no audio

4. HDMI codec enabled + UseKernelCache=No (post #31): working audio

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    573.6 KB · Views: 105
the progress of the current system is so far:

1. fresh install from UniBeast (reboot)

2. EasyBeast from MultiBeast

3. AtiConfig=Pithecia in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (reboot)

3. ALC892 w/out DSDT from MultiBeast (reboot)

4. HDMI codec in BIOS + UseKernelCache

5. KextBeast installation

It will be the same process if I do a fresh install, will it not? Do you have a different process you want me to try out?

Hi toleda, do you want me to try UseKernelCache on fresh install without MultiBeast?

I'm not sure if it helps but I've attached AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler892.kext from both UseKernelCache=Yes and No boot. I know the file size are different but not sure if makes any difference

Attachments

• UseKernelCache=No.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • UseKernelCache=Yes.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Hi toleda, do you want me to try UseKernelCache on fresh install without MultiBeast?

I'm not sure if it helps but I've attached AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler892.kext from both UseKernelCache=Yes and No boot. I know the file size are different but not sure if makes any difference
Just saw the earlier posts. The data says that HDMi codec doesn't matter but kernelcache=no does. Unless the native AppleHDA sees a layout-id, it won't load. Try a fresh install with your dsdt and MultiBeast (no audio). Try this configuration (native AppleHDA.kext) with kernelcache yes and no with an IOReg for each. Reply with the IORegs.

Regarding the kexts attached previously, there is no problem with the kexts. There is a conflict somewhere in your system. Hopefully, one of these tests will find it. In the meantime, audio works with kernelcache=no.

IORegs as requested. Fresh install, EasyBeast only. No audio for both

Attachments

• IORegs.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
IORegs as requested. Fresh install, EasyBeast only. No audio for both
EasyBeast doesn't tell us anything. Install your dsdt (UserDSDT is fine) and boot with UKC=no and yes. You will not have audio.. Rely with IORegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back