Contribute
Register

Help: No audio after restarting from MultiBeast 5.0.2 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did exactly what you asked for, here's the IOReg, cheers.

Btw, if it makes any difference at all and if you were wondering, I found the correct framebuffer for my graphics card so that's one less thing to worry about

Attachments

• Unknown2.zip
    537.3 KB · Views: 106
Did exactly what you asked for, here's the IOReg, cheers.

Btw, if it makes any difference at all and if you were wondering, I found the correct framebuffer for my graphics card so that's one less thing to worry about
Is HD Audio enabled in your BIOS? Your onboard codec is not recognized. Same problem with the native and patched AppleHDAs.

The Mountain Lion Preview will not solve this problem.

I have enabled Azalia HD audio in BIOS. I remember there are one or two HDMI audio options that were disabled but I enabled everything.

Same problem with the native and patched AppleHDAs
Are you saying that the kext before and after MultiBeast installation have the same problem? ie, not recognised?

I have enabled Azalia HD audio in BIOS. I remember there are one or two HDMI audio options that were disabled but I enabled everything.Are you saying that the kext before and after MultiBeast installation have the same problem? ie, not recognised?
Azalia and HD audio are different. OS X supports HD audio and does not support Azalia. Set BIOS to HD Audio. HDMI audio is not a choice in the BIOS. Yes.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the information I got from wikipedia is that Intel HD Audio is also known as Azalia and OS X has full support of it with its AppleHDA driver

Anyway, attached is a photo of the BIOS showing the closest thing to any audio configuration, there are no other audio configurations

For some reasons, the uploader turns the image upside down!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 172
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the information I got from wikipedia is that Intel HD Audio is also known as Azalia and OS X has full support of it with its AppleHDA driver
Your are correct. The language evolved; Azalia represents AC97 interface and HD Audio represents HD Audio interface. Zotac went their own way. Attach your dsdt.

I've extracted the DSDT with DSDTSE, hopefully I've done it correctly

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 90
I've extracted the DSDT with DSDTSE, hopefully I've done it correctly
I don't see any problems in the dsdt. Disable the HDMI audio codecs in the BIOS. Boot with the flags: UseKernelCache=No -v Reply with IOReg.

I've got audio now after disabling HDMI codec in BIOS and using the bootflags UseKernelCache=No -v

Here's the IOReg with screen shots of verbose messages if it helps

Funny thing is before MultiBeast installation IORegistryExplorer show's Vincent's Macbook Pro in the title but after first MultiBeast installation (EasyBeast before audio driver), it shows Unknown. Has that got anything to do with this or it's another issue altogether?

Attachments

• HDMI codec disabled.zip
    618.6 KB · Views: 106
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 104
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 120
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 115