Contribute
Register

Help! New to Hackintosh - OS X won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7 - 2600k
Graphics
Gigabyte - HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I bought my first hackintosh a couple of days ago. It worked just fine until this morning where it wouldn't start.
It get's stuck at the loading screen, where the apple logo and loading bar disappear and this pops up:

IMG_0260.jpg

It goes nowhere from there.
i haven't changed much since last start up. i just put some music on it and turned on timecapsule?

Please help, i don't know what to do????

Do you know which boot loader you are using ?

Martin

No, i don't know that.

If you get a screen to select the drive you want to install from just type -v and it will display verbose feedback of the boot process, take a shot of where it freezes and post it here.

If it's a clover boot screen then press space and select verbose option, then press return or space again

If it's neither of the above the chances are you have a non supported method (We can only support Unibeast, MultiBeast installations here - sorry)

Martin

@Ambpi
This is the reason why we want tonymacx86 members to at least do their own install
of OS X. You don't have to build the PC yourself but at least make the Unibeast drive
and do the install. If you get stuck anywhere in the process just ask questions in the
Yosemite desktop support section. Great value in knowing how your system is setup and how
it works. If you just read and follow the simple guides, anyone that knows how to operate
a computer can do it. Why don't you contact the seller and ask them how they installed the
OS ?

I get that.
I might just start over, and install it myself.

Sounds good from here ... Total control and set it how you want it, plus you already know the computer can install it and have OS X running ... Good luck with it, and if you get stuck, come and gives us a shout :)

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back