Contribute
Register

[HELP] New dualboot installation (WIN7 & Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 4530s
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Due to HW problem, a clean WIN7 on my 4530s have been done, erasing whole disk: now I need to install LION on new partition. I'm asking your help to avoid boot WIN7 problem after LION install. I understood:
1. Guid disk with 2 partition (already done, using utility disc)
2. WIN7 Installation (already done)
3. Unibeast USB creation (already done)
4. Lion installation
5. Boot lion through Unibeast USB
6. HP Probook Installer version 3
7. Boot lion through Unibeast USB
8. Bootloader installation (chimera) through multibeast
9. Creating kernel cache using multibeat
After that I’ll be able to select & boot lion or Win7, no other operations are required.
Is that right?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

rmenghe said:
Due to HW problem, a clean WIN7 on my 4530s have been done, erasing whole disk: now I need to install LION on new partition. I'm asking your help to avoid boot WIN7 problem after LION install. I understood:
4. Lion installation
After that I’ll be able to select & boot lion or Win7, no other operations are required.
Is that right?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

Are you sure you have installed Windows 7 on GPT disk? There is no way to install Windows 7 on such partition scheme, unless you have syncronized the GPT and the MBR tables first. Did you do that first?

philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:
4. Lion installation
Is that right?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

Are you sure you have installed Windows 7 on GPT disk? There is no way to install Windows 7 on such partition scheme, unless you have syncronized the GPT and the MBR tables first. Did you do that first?

I'm quite sure but , i'll check it this night after work using unibeast disk util and i'll give you a feedback
thanks for your reply

philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:
4. Lion installation
Is that right?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

Windows 7 x64 with UEFI boots fine in GTP partition.

rmenghe said:
philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:
4. Lion installation
Is that right?
Yes, i've checked it, it's guid. In attachment you'll able to find the screenshot. Now i tried the procedure above on USB disk and it works without problem.
Could i install on internal partition disk without compromise the WIN7 Installation/boot?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

I'm quite sure but , i'll check it this night after work using unibeast disk util and i'll give you a feedback
thanks for your reply

I've checked it, yes is GUID, as you can see at the attached mail.
Could i install on the internal disc partition without causing WIN7 boot problem, as i did on external usb disc?

Attachments

• _MG_4421.jpg
    _MG_4421.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 372
masso912 said:
philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:
4. Lion installation
Is that right?
Thanks in advance
Roberto

Windows 7 x64 with UEFI boots fine in GTP partition.

Maybe so, but in order to have problem-less boot proccess, it's better to use hybrid GPT/MBR table for dual (and maybe triple and so) boot, it's the most compatible way.

rmenghe said:
Could i install on the internal disc partition without causing WIN7 boot problem, as i did on external usb disc?

If you have formatted the disk with GPT partition scheme and have made the GPT/MBR syncronization, then it really doesn't matter which OS you'll install first. Of course, if you install Windows second, then you'll have to boot up the installed OSX with the UniBeast flash drive and reinstall the Chameleon/Chimera bootloader (the second installed OS will rewrite the bootloader of the first installed OS and the Windows 7 bootloader officially doesn't support boot from HFS+ partition, at least not without the help of tool like EasyBCD)

philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:

If you have formatted the disk with GPT partition scheme and have made the GPT/MBR syncronization, then it really doesn't matter which OS you'll install first. Of course, if you install Windows second, then you'll have to boot up the installed OSX with the UniBeast flash drive and reinstall the Chameleon/Chimera bootloader (the second installed OS will rewrite the bootloader of the first installed OS and the Windows 7 bootloader officially doesn't support boot from HFS+ partition, at least not without the help of tool like EasyBCD)
Summarizing:
my disk has GPT scheme
1^ partition-NTFS-with Windows 7 already installed and working
2^ partition-NTFS-DATA, this is a partition created to be used by Win7 & MAC (Through NTFS Tuxera)
3^ partition- EXTENDED JOURNALED-were i like to install LION
Is it OK or i need to initialize MAC partition as MBR?
As i understood:
1. Install mac using unibeast usb on that partition (win7 will be not accesible anymore)
2. boot lion through Unibeast
3. install chimera using multibeast
NOW I'll be able to boot lion or Win7

To test the mac installation procedure, i used an external USB disc: worked without problem.

Could i clone USB mac on internal disc mac partition carbon copy cloner? do i need to reinstalla chimera? Or is better a clean installation?

rmenghe said:
philip_petev said:
rmenghe said:

Summarizing:
my disk has GPT scheme
1^ partition-NTFS-with Windows 7 already installed and working
2^ partition-NTFS-DATA, this is a partition created to be used by Win7 & MAC (Through NTFS Tuxera)
3^ partition- EXTENDED JOURNALED-were i like to install LION
Is it OK or i need to initialize MAC partition as MBR?
As i understood:
1. Install mac using unibeast usb on that partition (win7 will be not accesible anymore)
2. boot lion through Unibeast
3. install chimera using multibeast
NOW I'll be able to boot lion or Win7

To test the mac installation procedure, i used an external USB disc: worked without problem.

Could i clone USB mac on internal disc mac partition carbon copy cloner? do i need to reinstalla chimera? Or is better a clean installation?

Nobody can help me?

If your question is, if you can use CCC to clone your HD the answer is yes and then you have to install chimera at that HD.
If you ask for Dual Boot, there are a few Guides here at 4530's Sub-Forum. Do a search and you find your answers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back