Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone! I was so fortunate to have the right advice on my first post and successfully installed Yosemite on an SSD and ran Multibeast.

Parts:

Intel i7-4770k Processor
Z97x Gaming 3 Motherboard
-----
16GB Ballistics RAM
GTX 970 Graphics Card

CX750M Power Supply

TP Link TL-WDN4800

I took the build specs from this forum post here:
100421d1406898035-success-core-i7-4790k-gigabyte-z97x-gaming-7-gigabyte-radeon-r9-280x-16gb-ram-.jpg

And then went with a system restart as suggested.

Upon restart, I've been seeing this in the verbose logs:
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/xrPjWRB.png?1)

I've been at this since around 4pm today so I think I may just need to rest a bit but I hope to have it up and running tomorrow. Also, I installed a TP Link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1) after the multibeast config but I'm not sure if that messed things up at all

*NOTE* I can get it up and running with the flags "-v -x nv_disable=1" but am not sure how to optimize it... definitely need to find the right drivers for my build

New issue in this latest attempt. I used this as a template for my multibeast build:

Start Multibeast,
MultiBeast Configuration
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard SupportDrivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM PatchDrivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor ApplicationDrivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Atheros Killer
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS ResetBootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - DesktopCustomize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System De
finitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 6,1Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 White

But it is not resulting in a kernal panic seen here
newpanic.jpg

It looks like it has to do with BootCachePlaylist (I have no idea :thumbup:)

This came about after installing a networking driver that was causing a hang in my boot as well. I have a TP Link N900 that I removed from my motherboard which has this specification:Qualcomm® Atheros Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) after experiencing the hangup and am now stuck at the above panic

TEMP FIX WITH MAXMEM=4096 and NV_DISABLE=1

The above error was resolved (temp) by limiting my mem with the flag maxmem=4096 and I still need to use nv_disable=1 to actually boot into Yosemite.

Pretty lost as to what drivers will enable full functionality so I will be looking at more successful builds that are very similar to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back