3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Have managed to build the machine ok, can get into BIOS and set to ACHI.

1. Boot of iBoot - OK
2. Install OSX - OK
3. Reboot using iBoot and selecting OSX - OK

Now the issues start.

Once I run update and multibeast, and try and reboot without iBoot, I get a panic, am I meant to boot up using iBoot???

Don't know what to do, have tried following official guide several times - is this the type of problem that people are having with iBoot 2.5.1 in the post about USB issues?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

HW

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
First you have to disable all Peripherals in the bios except keyboard support and use a USB keyboard. I bought an Apple Keyboard (and now I am legally Apple Branded Hardware lol!).

SATA should be AHCI. And S3 or auto for ACPI and HPET Enable and 64bits. OS should be set to not plug and play too. There is a VD-t setting you can enable too somewhere in CPU config.

Disable Audio/1394/Ethernet/eXtreme Controllers/USB-3/Raid etc. Make it just bare minimum. Enable after successful install of OSX 10.6.3-10.6.4 then the Graphics Update with Multibeast Kexts. Use the Multibeast Kexts and DSDT.aml and refrence your board/bios version rev.2 FB or FA and place on your desktop. Select DSDT from Multibeast and it will auto install Chameleon and use the DSDT.

The graphics update and 10.6.4 must be installed to use ATI 5770. You have to do this on first boot from iBoot or use iBoot to get you in and then install. You must use the VERVET Kext in Multibeast and select Graphics Enable=No and then select the 32bit Screen. There are hints in Multibeast that will walk you through. I used audio kext Legacy 889 and audio should work but if not then choose Legacy 889 plus HD 889.

Of course you may need to change the DVD Boot drive to SATA-0 and HDD to SATA-1. This may not be an issue but it couldn't hurt. Those will be the only available during boot too.

OK,

I'll give it another go, I'll follow your advice.

Thanks

HW

Hey,

It worked, I am now running 10.6.5, no network at the moment, will keep on searching on how to get on line

Many Thanks

HW

* p.s. is there a way to uninstall a kext, installed netowrk kext from multibeast, network won't work

hw007 said:
Hey,

It worked, I am now running 10.6.5, no network at the moment, will keep on searching on how to get on line

Many Thanks

HW

* p.s. is there a way to uninstall a kext, installed netowrk kext from multibeast, network won't work
Find the kext you want to delete, usually in system / library/ extensions or in Extra / Extensions, drag it to the trash can and drop it.
Empty trash.
Run system utilities to rebuild caches and reboot.
Done

BTW, if you installed lnx2mac's RTL81xx network driver, it ought to work. Before you delete it try this:
Run MultiBeast system utilities to repair permissions and rebuild caches.
Shut down.
Disconnect power supply at plug.
Wait 2-5 minutes.
Plug the power back in and reboot.
No guarantees, but this has been known to work.

Yeah lnx2mac's RTL81xx network driver worked for me too.

I'll try it in the morning, it's 02.31 in the morning, need some sleep", thanks for your help

Hw :thumbup:

hw007 said:
Hey,

Many Thanks

HW

My new installer package takes care of moving your conflicting Ethernet kexts away (to a safe place in a folder on your Desktop)...
http://bit.ly/RTL81xx

Hi,

System built, running, with internet.

Thank you to all who helped out a noob with this.

HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back