Intel core i5-4460
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I decided to install Mac OS X onto my Sony Vaio sve14122cvw, but everytime it will get stuck at the start of the install screen which appears to be displaying a broken install screen

Specs:
Intel core i3-3110m
HM76 express chipset
Intel HD graphics 4000, 1366x768

I am using an external monitor because the install screen wasn't showing at the main laptop screen
1466017306709181671908.jpg

I decided to install Mac OS X onto my Sony Vaio sve14122cvw, but everytime it will get stuck at the start of the install screen which appears to be displaying a broken install screen

Specs:
Intel core i3-3110m
HM76 express chipset
Intel HD graphics 4000, 1366x768

I am using an external monitor because the install screen wasn't showing at the main laptop screenView attachment 199528

Enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

Thanks for the reply,

I did that and it showed " Operating system not found." For the record, I used Unibeast and el Capitan with UEFI Boot mode

Thanks for the reply,

I did that and it showed " Operating system not found." For the record, I used Unibeast and el Capitan with UEFI Boot mode

Note that my previous post said nothing about disabling UEFI boot...

Keep UEFI enabled, but also enable legacy boot.

Note that my previous post said nothing about disabling UEFI boot...

Keep UEFI enabled, but also enable legacy boot.

Sorry I'm very new to this whole process but I don't think there is an option for that in my laptop's bios. If there's anything I did wrong or if there's anything I'm missing, please point it out

Thanks

Sorry I'm very new to this whole process but I don't think there is an option for that in my laptop's bios. If there's anything I did wrong or if there's anything I'm missing, please point it out

Thanks

Assuming you don't have the option (no way for me to know without photos of your BIOS screens), you have several options...

- boot the installer without graphics injection (deal with graphics/backlight control,etc later)
- try closing the lid then opening it

Assuming you don't have the option (no way for me to know without photos of your BIOS screens), you have several options...

- boot the installer without graphics injection (deal with graphics/backlight control,etc later)
- try closing the lid then opening it

My apologies for not posting photos of my bios, but I tried to boot without graphics injection and it worked. But now, everytime I start up, I have to disable it manually. Is there a way out of this?

My apologies for not posting photos of my bios, but I tried to boot without graphics injection and it worked. But now, everytime I start up, I have to disable it manually. Is there a way out of this?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back