1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Help Needed with MultiBeast and Drivers on a Lion Hackintosh

ISSUE SOLVED

Hello Everyone,

I will attempt to be as specific as possible when describing my problems, if you require any more information from me please let me know.

Recently I received an HP Pavilion m9000t Tower, it has been working really well with Linux and Windows 7, and so when I got another WD Caviar Black HDD, I decided it would be cool to try and do a triple boot with the system. As of now, these are the tower's specs:

-ASUS IPIBL-LA Socket 775 Motherboard
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
-Nvidia GeForce 8500GT Card w/ 512MB of RAM
-6GB of DDR2 RAM
-Hauppage WinTV PCI Express TV Tuner Card
-SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme
-1X 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD 7,200RPM 32MB Cache

I am trying to install Lion (10.7.4) on this computer with Unibeast, and I can get it to install and run, but after I run Multibeast (installing Chimera and EasyBeast), the system stops booting. I am using EasyBeast, because if there is an DSDT for this system, I do not know about it. After Multibeast runs, before the system restarts, I do get sound. However, I do not have the correct drivers for my video card, so it does not work with OpenCL/GL. Also, the Integrated Ethernet works OOB. In conclusion, I need help setting up this system so that so that OS X can boot independently (without Unibeast, that is) and help with getting my graphics working. I am a noob at hackintoshing, but I do have a lot of experience with OS X, so any help here would be appreciated!

(I also have a DLINK DWA-110 USB Wifi dongle I am trying to get working on this computer, it is not working out well for me either, however this problem will be for another day)

Thanks,
0M3G4

EasyBeast includes Chimera, so don't install them both. Just EasyBeast and report back.

dakotar said:
EasyBeast includes Chimera, so don't install them both. Just EasyBeast and report back.

I just tried that, and I was unable to get it working. I ended up switching back to Snow Leopard (10.6.8), it is working great, the only issue being my integrated ethernet stopped working after I ran Multibeast and the combo update, do you know what could cause this?

Re run multibeast/ Install kext manually maybe? Hmm..

Alright, well one last question, are there any guides to getting a NVidia GeForce 8500GT card working on Mac OS X 10.7.4? It works OOB with 10.6, but not on 10.7...

Probably not because Lion is 64bit only and SL is 32/64. ANd I'm guess that card only works in 32Bit mode. :problem:

dakotar said:
Probably not because Lion is 64bit only and SL is 32/64. ANd I'm guess that card only works in 32Bit mode. :problem:

That is upsetting, I guess I will stick with SL until I can get new hardware :problem:

0M3G4 said:
dakotar said:

That is upsetting, I guess I will stick with SL until I can get new hardware :problem:

Sorry... :oops:

dakotar said:
0M3G4 said:
dakotar said:

Sorry... :oops:

It's not your fault, so don't be!
In this case it is Apple's :rolleyes:

So, I got in my new Graphics Card, and then upgraded to Lion, everything is going well (notwithstanding internet >:| ) now it is the process of me waiting for sufficient funds for the Wireless Card, I am planning to buy the card that works OOB on Lion. In the mean time, I would like to try and get my DLink DWA-110 USB Card working on this system, does anyone have any suggestions for me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back