Contribute
Register

Help Needed With HP Pavilion g6 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try VoodooHDA, but you probably will not be happy with the results.

I tried looking in the /System/Library/Extensions folder, but I can't seem to locate AppleHDA.kext. Is there any way this could have been deleted?

I'm hoping I won't have to reinstall the system...

I tried looking in the /System/Library/Extensions folder, but I can't seem to locate AppleHDA.kext. Is there any way this could have been deleted?

I'm hoping I won't have to reinstall the system...

It is present after a fresh install. If it isn't there, you must have deleted it. If you plan to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA, then you're going to install a patched version anyway, so it doesn't much matter that it is gone.

It is present after a fresh install. If it isn't there, you must have deleted it. If you plan to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA, then you're going to install a patched version anyway, so it doesn't much matter that it is gone.

Okay, thank you, I'll look into patching AppleHDA.

Also, I know there isn't much hope with laptop wireless cards, but is there any way I can get my Realtek 8188CE wireless card working?

From what I've looked up, it's impossible, but you have helped me do beyond what I thought was possible, so...

Okay, thank you, I'll look into patching AppleHDA.

Also, I know there isn't much hope with laptop wireless cards, but is there any way I can get my Realtek 8188CE wireless card working?

From what I've looked up, it's impossible, but you have helped me do beyond what I thought was possible, so...

Realtek pcie WiFi is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back