Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaPad 5
CPU
i5-1035G1
Graphics
GTX MX350 + UHD G1
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi people there, I came across some issues while trying to install the OS Monterey on my Lenovo laptop. At first, I edited the config.plist file to have macOS show as an option in the OpenCore boot picker list ( the boot picker failed to discover macOS partition until I set the "HideAuxiliary" in config.plist to false.) Then macOS did appear on the menu, but when I tried to boot it, a boat load of error prompts pop up. Though the apple logo ended up appeared, just an instant, the logo was replaced by apple mouse and keyboard icon alternately. Any voice is much appreciated.
My laptop specs are below
CPU:intel 11th gen 1155G7
GPU:intel iris xe
RAM:16GB
and the error log and config.plist

Attachments

• opencore-2022-07-14-200345.txt
    256 KB · Views: 35
  • config.plist
    29.9 KB · Views: 38
photos here:)
new image - c46uh.jpg

Attachments

• new image - dmrf9.jpg
    new image - dmrf9.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 37
sorry, but your hardware is not supported (even trying to use a desktop smbios would not help)
Yeah, I know the tiger lake and iris Xe are not supported. But here on GitHub a guy successfully hackintoshed the ASUS zen book duo with 11th gen i5-1135G7 and iris Xe, whose specs is almost identical to mine. That discussed the possibility of Tiger lake hackintosh and inspired me a lot, so I would just give it a try.:)

Yeah, I know the tiger lake and iris Xe are not supported. But here on GitHub a guy successfully hackintoshed the ASUS zen book duo with 11th gen i5-1135G7 and iris Xe, whose specs is almost identical to mine. That discussed the possibility of Tiger lake hackintosh and inspired me a lot, so I would just give it a try.:)
you may be able to fake the cpu

but graphics will not work, you will not have acceleration and the experience is not worth it

but graphics will not work, you will not have acceleration and the experience is not worth it
My number one rule of hackintoshing is: Buy and use natively supported hardware.

Makes everything so much easier.

sorry, but your hardware is not supported (even trying to use a desktop smbios would not help)

I get to say that's quite disappointing. All the same, thank you for responding.

it also mentions on that page in regards to gpu
Yes, but "Everything except GPU works perfectly!" seems to an appealing sweet bonus.

Yes, but "Everything except GPU works perfectly!" seems to an appealing sweet bonus.
not really as gpu would be at the top of the list of "need to work"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back