Contribute
Register

Help Needed on the BCM94360CS2 (Apple Branded One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite 6300 Pro SFF
CPU
i5-3470S
Graphics
GT 710
Hello, i am here asking for a solution that has been plaguing my HP-iMac. You see, i bought an Apple Branded BCM94360CS2 (The One i believe was in the 2017 Macbook Air). I also Bought a PCI to Apple Wireless Card Card. Everything Works, except BLUETOOTH. I mean the weird thing is that Continuity and Airdrop Work Perfectly, But my Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth Headphones cannot Connect. (It Connects, Lags, Disconnects and doesn't reconnect again).
I have Done The Following:
-Reset NVRAM
-Used Bluetooth Debug
-Done a Fresh Big Sur Install
-(because Big Sur Did Not Work)Done Fresh Catalina Install

Yet i could not get the DAMN Bluetooth To work

If anybody can help me, i will be grateful!
Thanks In Advance!!

The PCIe adapter comes with a USB cable, the assumption is that you have connected this to a motherboard header port, yes?

You have mapped your USB ports, so they work consistently under macOS, yes? So you have either an SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBports.kext installed in your bootloader ACPI or kexts folder.

Have you installed any Bluetooth injectors/kexts, i.e. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext etc? These shouldn't be required with the BCM94360CS2 card.

Does the Bluetooth show up in these locations:
  • System Preferences > Bluetooth pane
  • Desktop Menu bar icon,
  • System Information > Bluetooth and
  • System Information > USB?
Can you provide screenshots of these locations/elements so we can see what is happening and being reported.

Hi, Thank You for your Response! No, i have not installed any kext files for BT!
Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 18.48.21.png
Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 18.47.16.pngScreenshot 2020-11-09 at 18.47.52.png

Here are all the files being reported!

Can you confirm that you definitely don't have these kexts installed, I would be surprised if you haven't tried them while trying different Bluetooth fixes:
  1. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  2. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  3. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  4. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
Acidanthera reported that when BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext is present but not injected via /OC/config.plist that the Bluetooth can appear to be installed correctly, but there are issues connecting any devices. I am assuming you are using OpenCore and not Clover as your bootloader, as you installed Big Sur Beta and Clover doesn't support this OS.

Can you double check you don't have these kexts in your /OC/Kexts folder or /Library/Extensions folder.

I am assuming you have not installed any third-party kexts to the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Hi, Sorry for the late response. Here are the screenshots. i have not installed any third party kext files and my EFI does not ave the .kext you mentioned Above!
Although i have these kexts in /S/L/E
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.31.04.png

no bluetooth related kexts in /L/E

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.27.00.png
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.25.43.pngScreenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.26.45.png

The /S/L/E bluetooth kexts are native and not anything to worry about.

As @Feartech said, have you created a custom USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your systems USB port configuration? I don't see a USBPorts.kext in your /OC/Kexts. The Bluetooth is not likely to work well (if at all), if the USB ports are not configured correctly.

ok i see can i have a link to a guide to set up USB configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back