Graphics
GTX-970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I’ve upgraded my Notebook SSD to 1 TB.
I’ve first installed Mac OS Mojave and configured everything so it will be perfect and working smoothly.
Than I went to disk Utility and partition my SSD (in this stage it asked if I want to partition or add volume as the file system is APFS so I choose partition).
I’ve installed windows 10 on the new partition (had some problem so I had to delete the partition in windows and make a new one) .
After the installation finished and the notebook boot into windows I booted it up and tried to change the boot order to the clover EFI but I had only the windows EFI in the list so I used my Mac Installation USB to boot into clover and boot into my Mac Mojave and mounted the EFI partition and copy inside my original and working EFI folder but as you guess in the booting into clover I lost the Windows option.
So I’ve searched the forum and found some post about fixing this issue and download Microsoft folder and I’ve put it inside the boot folder in the EFI and now when I boot into clover I see the Windows option but get an error as you see in the photo.
I’m sure I’m really close to fix it but I need your help.

Attachments

• 199EA695-CD57-47F4-AE89-013314937EB9.jpeg
    199EA695-CD57-47F4-AE89-013314937EB9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Boot on Windows, mount EFI partition, rename Clover/Boot/xx.efi to bootmgr.efi
Replace it in Clover/Windows/Boot

Thanks for the info but...
I reinstalled windows 10 and just finished to fix all the mess I did.
Now after installing Windows the notebook automatically boot into windows so I went to my bios to change the boot to the Mac EFI that have clover but I only see there the windows boot manger.
So I used my installation usb (with Mac OS ) and boot from it and now I see the clover boot menu and booted into my Mac OS .
But now what I need to do to be able to boot into the clover menu without the USB drive ? in my EFI folder I see :
Apple , Boot, Clover , Microsoft , and OC folders .

Thanks for the info but...
I reinstalled windows 10 and just finished to fix all the mess I did.
Now after installing Windows the notebook automatically boot into windows so I went to my bios to change the boot to the Mac EFI that have clover but I only see there the windows boot manger.
So I used my installation usb (with Mac OS ) and boot from it and now I see the clover boot menu and booted into my Mac OS .
But now what I need to do to be able to boot into the clover menu without the USB drive ? in my EFI folder I see :
Apple , Boot, Clover , Microsoft , and OC folders .
Do as I wrote before

Do as I wrote before
ok thanks again ,
The renaming process is understood but what do you mean by “Replace it in Clover/Windows/Boot” ? Replace what with what?

sorry for that as I’m new do dual booting

ok thanks again ,
The renaming process is understood but what do you mean by “Replace it in Clover/Windows/Boot” ? Replace what with what?

sorry for that as I’m new do dual booting
Windows have its own .efi to start its SO, so if you replace it with Clover.efi RENAMED (otherwise it won't boot) you will be able to select the SO you want to boot on

I see when I mount the EFI partition (it looks the same like in the Mac - I think it’s this one)
So you are saying I need to rename the
D:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi to bootmgr.efi?
and than copy this file to D:\EFI\Microsoft\boot? I see inside this folder that I already have the file .

\
ACE11F0E-34CE-4D5B-80B0-82AAB17BA6A2.jpeg

D34C1F9F-C2D5-499B-B063-842A895124B1.jpeg

997AD9D7-2643-4CA4-91F9-EAE86F0C810C.jpeg

image.jpg

After the installation finished and the notebook boot into windows I booted it up and tried to change the boot order to the clover EFI but I had only the windows EFI in the list

Try following my guide in this forum. It's intended for exactly this issue. Only mess with the contents of the EFI partition if you can't keep Clover functioning any other way.

Paste your entire EFI on you INTERNAL EFI PARTITION, where you are supposed to boot from.
Then go to Clover/Boot/ and copy BOOTX64.efi on /Microsoft/ rename it of bootmgr.efi.

You can share you EFI folder and I´ll show you how to do it

Thanks for all the help fixing this .
I used jpz4085 way and this fixed all the problem.

Again thanks for the support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back