i9-9900K
Graphics
RTX 2080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I recently started in the Hackintosh world... Thanks to all these guides and threads on the forum I was able to reach some success in 2 or 3 builds.

The config in question here is:
- Samsung Ultrabook NP530UP;
- Intel Core i5-2467M
- 8GB DDR3 (4GB in the motherboard and 4GB from a Patriot DDR 1333MHz stick);
- Intel Graphics HD 3000;
- Wifi card replaced to a Mini Half PCI-e Wifi Card Atheros AR9285;
- 500GB Toshiba SSHD;
- Clover EFI (Multibooting Windows 10);

Few months ago, I found a guide on OSX86 forums for this specific laptop, but was for Mavericks and El Capitan. Worked perfectly, but since Mavericks is a bit old, I decided to try something new. Went for Sierra but the glitches on the HD3000 made me quit the idea for while. No I decided to come back to this Ultrabook and give another shot but using High Sierra.
I decided to go for a vanilla install.
After reading some guides here I was able install the system and go for the post install.

What is working:
- USB (all ports. The USB 3.0 is intermittent, sometimes work and sometimes don't, the the 2.0 are OK so far);
- Intel Graphics HD3000 working fine;
- Ethernet card working fine;
- Wifi (Atheros AR9285) working fine;
- Audio ALC269VC working after patched with ALC Patch (keyboard controls as well);
- Windows multi-booting working fine;
- Battery percentage displayed correctly;

Few items still need to be tested like camera, card reader, iMessage..., but the most important for now are working
The only 2 items that I really would like some help on would the be Backlight, which works but I cannot reach the full brightness on the screen (with NO access thru the keyboard keys) and the memory, which is installed, working on BIOS and Windows, but High Sierra is only recognising 4GB.

Backlight: Followed the guides here, applied the patches but I still can't reach the maximum brightness on the scree. I'm able to increase and decrease the brightness on the display settings but until certain point which is still a bit dark to work.

Memory: In one of the guides here I read that 8GB would be a better option to work with Intel Graphics HD3000, so I bought more 4GB to add on the machine. Bios recognises, Windows too. But when I go to "About this Mac" and the "Activity monitor" they say the machine has only 4GB.
I manually added them on the config.plist (not sure if in the correct way) but after that point I can see them on "Activity Monitor" but the "About this Mac" windows doesn't even open anymore.

Guys, I'm not sure if I'm opening this thread correctly, since is my first, but can someone take a look on my files to see if the issues described here have solution?

Thanks,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 422
Hi all,

I recently started in the Hackintosh world... Thanks to all these guides and threads on the forum I was able to reach some success in 2 or 3 builds.

The config in question here is:
- Samsung Ultrabook NP530UP;
- Intel Core i5-2467M
- 8GB DDR3 (4GB in the motherboard and 4GB from a Patriot DDR 1333MHz stick);
- Intel Graphics HD 3000;
- Wifi card replaced to a Mini Half PCI-e Wifi Card Atheros AR9285;
- 500GB Toshiba SSHD;
- Clover EFI (Multibooting Windows 10);

Few months ago, I found a guide on OSX86 forums for this specific laptop, but was for Mavericks and El Capitan. Worked perfectly, but since Mavericks is a bit old, I decided to try something new. Went for Sierra but the glitches on the HD3000 made me quit the idea for while. No I decided to come back to this Ultrabook and give another shot but using High Sierra.
I decided to go for a vanilla install.
After reading some guides here I was able install the system and go for the post install.

What is working:
- USB (all ports. The USB 3.0 is intermittent, sometimes work and sometimes don't, the the 2.0 are OK so far);
- Intel Graphics HD3000 working fine;
- Ethernet card working fine;
- Wifi (Atheros AR9285) working fine;
- Audio ALC269VC working after patched with ALC Patch (keyboard controls as well);
- Windows multi-booting working fine;
- Battery percentage displayed correctly;

Few items still need to be tested like camera, card reader, iMessage..., but the most important for now are working
The only 2 items that I really would like some help on would the be Backlight, which works but I cannot reach the full brightness on the screen (with NO access thru the keyboard keys) and the memory, which is installed, working on BIOS and Windows, but High Sierra is only recognising 4GB.

Backlight: Followed the guides here, applied the patches but I still can't reach the maximum brightness on the scree. I'm able to increase and decrease the brightness on the display settings but until certain point which is still a bit dark to work.

Memory: In one of the guides here I read that 8GB would be a better option to work with Intel Graphics HD3000, so I bought more 4GB to add on the machine. Bios recognises, Windows too. But when I go to "About this Mac" and the "Activity monitor" they say the machine has only 4GB.
I manually added them on the config.plist (not sure if in the correct way) but after that point I can see them on "Activity Monitor" but the "About this Mac" windows doesn't even open anymore.

Guys, I'm not sure if I'm opening this thread correctly, since is my first, but can someone take a look on my files to see if the issues described here have solution?

Thanks,

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,
sorry for the mistake. Enclosed the output files from the gen_debug tool.

regards,

Gustavo

Attachments

• debug_30155.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
Hi RehabMan,
sorry for the mistake. Enclosed the output files from the gen_debug tool.

regards,

Gustavo

Backlight control not implemented correctly. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be set yes/true. You have it false/no.

Hi RehabMan,

After installing the kext on the S/E/L and restarting the machine, now the brightness Bar disappeared from the Display Settings.
I've ran the gen_debug tool again and according to the kextcache at this time seems that was installed correctly.

Concerning config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust changed to true, the 8GB are available on the system and the "About this Mac" is working fine.

Enclosed the debug files after all these changes.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• debug_30953.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
Hi RehabMan,

After installing the kext on the S/E/L and restarting the machine, now the brightness Bar disappeared from the Display Settings.
I've ran the gen_debug tool again and according to the kextcache at this time seems that was installed correctly.

Concerning config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust changed to true, the 8GB are available on the system and the "About this Mac" is working fine.

Enclosed the debug files after all these changes.

Thanks again.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: Your ioreg shows PNLF._UID is incorrect. And your DSDT.aml has a PNLF. As per guide, you should use only SSDT-PNLF.aml and no brightness patches to DSDT.

Read here carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Hello RehabMan,

I extracted a new DSDT file and followed the process again.
I still have the same results, the scale bar is available, I can change the brightness, but when I put it to max, it's still a bit dark. And the keyboard tools still doesn't work. If I press fn+f1 or fn+f12 (which are not the brightness keys on the keyboard) the brightness icon shows up on the screen on Max and stays there (like on the print screen). If I enter on the Display Settings and decrease the bar, it automatically goes up again and stays on the screen.

debug, EFI and screenshot enclosed.
thanks once again for your patience.

Regards,

Gustavo

Attachments

• Brightness_popup.png
    Brightness_popup.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 349
  • debug_11745.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 152
  • EFI.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 199
Hello RehabMan,

I extracted a new DSDT file and followed the process again.
I still have the same results, the scale bar is available, I can change the brightness, but when I put it to max, it's still a bit dark. And the keyboard tools still doesn't work. If I press fn+f1 or fn+f12 (which are not the brightness keys on the keyboard) the brightness icon shows up on the screen on Max and stays there (like on the print screen). If I enter on the Display Settings and decrease the bar, it automatically goes up again and stays on the screen.

debug, EFI and screenshot enclosed.
thanks once again for your patience.

Regards,

Gustavo

Problems...

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Brightness control looks fine though...

As far as your brightness keys, see guide (just the part regarding ACPI triggered brightness keys):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Hello RehabMan,
sorry for the delay on the feedback.
So, if you say that the controls looks fine, is it possible to increase the Max value of the brightness?
I'm asking that because, when using the old version of the ACPIBacklight kext on Mavericks the brightness was higher than now.

For the brightness keys, not sure if I'm making any mistake here on the debug attempt.
Using ioio I can get the values of all the fn+xx keys except the brightness.

I also tried the ACPIDebug, but no output on the system.log as well.
When using the old ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext the keys works fine but the mouse and track pad functions doesn't.

Any hint?
debug files and EFI files enclosed

Thanks once again.

Attachments

• debug_11826.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 154
  • EFI.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 177
Hello RehabMan,
sorry for the delay on the feedback.
So, if you say that the controls looks fine, is it possible to increase the Max value of the brightness?
I'm asking that because, when using the old version of the ACPIBacklight kext on Mavericks the brightness was higher than now.

How are you measuring this relative brightness?

For the brightness keys, not sure if I'm making any mistake here on the debug attempt.
Using ioio I can get the values of all the fn+xx keys except the brightness.

Brightness key guide is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

You will find your brightness keys are handled in _Q63 and _Q64...
But they may not get called due to your not patching ACPI correctly...
You have no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin")... see ACPI patching guide regarding "OS Check Fix" patches.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I also tried the ACPIDebug, but no output on the system.log as well.

With Sierra and later, ACPIDebug.kext output not expected in system.log as that is not where kernel logs go.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back